Pup on adult food

Hi lads just wondering when you lot start your pups on adult food? I know it's supposed to be at 12 months but my pup is 9 weeks old and is wolfing the adult dry food down easily when she finds the other dogs bowls. Will this do her any harm health or physical wise if she Carries on eating it from this age ? 

This is a hunting forum ffs I know we are in lockdown but some of the posts lately are ridiculous, keaner is this a serious post honestly, I can't believe what I'm reading. From worm ridden pups to dog sales and amoxicillin ? now this god help us. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Most of us do things knee jerk ,that’s to say without thinking and have forgotten most of what is was like to be a newbie  at the game .Your pup will be just fine ,try to make sure it has at least 3 small meals a day of purpose pup food away from the others .Most of us let a pup have access to its grub ad-lib but not  always possible when multiple dogs are run together .Worm the pup in accordance with guidance and you’ll have no problems .Picky eaters are sometimes boosted alongside another good eater if it will allow it .

If you get the chance ,switch to raw mate ,the only difference from that and adult food is the quantity .

Quality should be a varied diet consisting of protein ,bone and limited fat .

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Apache... said:

This is a hunting forum ffs I know we are in lockdown but some of the posts lately are ridiculous, keaner is this a serious post honestly, I can't believe what I'm reading. From worm ridden pups to dog sales and amoxicillin ? now this god help us. ?

I've had dogs for years A. And the pups have eaten adult and puppy food through there time. I always keep on top of my dogs conditions. I just put that question out there just to see what others would say that's all. If all your gonna do is write shit back instead of answer a topic question then don't bother. I havnt got time for them type of people 

• Thanks 1

Last few years people are getting into all these feeding progames for dogs.which is all bollix years ago lurchers terriers we're feed the left over house food and done there grafting.seen lads feeding bullx lurchers on scraps and stale bread out of bakery and were in better condition to todays standard of a lurcher

• Like 3

Exercise is more important than diet imo.We seem to get longer lifespan's these days out of the average dog with better knowledge of nutrition but with a very long lifespan comes age related illnesses and vet bills if you keep them going.

• Like 1