BASC news release

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been a hopeless addict for years . I’ve wasted tens of thousands of cartridges and spent my children’s inheritance, I pushed my wife’s patience to the limit and I never win anything.  

I taken no notice of any of this jibba jabba from day one. Met no one and didn't wave a flag around either. I used common sense and discretion.

Sorry guys but I love clay shooting. I would be really p1ssed off if I was not able to go and smash the little black or orange or white or green, did I say black anyway those discs that turn into dust

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, villaman said:

Trouble is police will try and make it law to phone if we are not careful , another way of controlling us 

What hardship is it to let them know !saves all the hassle for a quick text message 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Trouble is police will try and make it law to phone if we are not careful , another way of controlling us 

This is true, it would become the new norm.

47 minutes ago, vizlauk said:

What hardship is it to let them know !saves all the hassle for a quick text message 

Because it is nothing to do with anyone else where i am going. 

Do i ring them and say i am going to watch the football or going fishing etc?

Some forces have behaved disgracefully during this virus lockdown showing they cannot be given more powers.

Since the start of all this i have carried on controlling foxes.  I have travelled alone, met nobody at the venue done what i have to do and travelled home on my own.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well in my opinion it stops the police wasting there time & mine if someone reports gunshots, alot of land I shoot over has problems with poachers, so I do it to confirm I'm supposed to be there shooting,  same as I let the land owners know !

But each to there own 

14 minutes ago, vizlauk said:

Well in my opinion it stops the police wasting there time & mine if someone reports gunshots, alot of land I shoot over has problems with poachers, so I do it to confirm I'm supposed to be there shooting,  same as I let the land owners know !

But each to there own 

If they have a phone call to say the heard gun shots , do you really think they would not come out , even though you have phoned in  , I doubt it they would be straight out , I know this because it has happened to me before with 4 police cars turning up 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, villaman said:

If they have a phone call to say the heard gun shots , do you really think they would not come out , even though you have phoned in  , I doubt it they would be straight out , I know this because it has happened to me before with 4 police cars turning up 

Must be different where you are, as I've had them phone me up while I've been out shooting when someone has made a call reporting shots being fired , only once have they turned up on a occasion when I hadn't logged in 

• Like 1

Chamberlain made the mistake of trying to appease Hitler. He looked stupid in the end.

The police don't give a flying fig if someone has phoned in or not. It's a waste of time and yes their time too but that's not a legitimate shooting persons fault but the fault of in all probability a townie moved into the country or a vegan person or a genuine idiot numpty skull!

Unfortunately the proliferation of such people has caused us all to be filled with fear and dare not make a sound.

My suggestion of a remedy is to shoot more without any moderators fitted. Take a shotgun and shoot some clays at night upwind from any new housing development. Just one week of this will have all the poor afflicted ones rebooted and adjusted. End of problem but pampering to their special needs will only ever ever fail but favour them!

So while you may frown or laugh at my suggestion just remember please, I did warn you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, vizlauk said:

That is the sort of guff that comes from basic.  Be a good fellow don't rock the boat.  Bend over and be greateful . AND say this... for what I am about to receive make me truly grateful 

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile — hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill 1954.

1 hour ago, ianm said:

This is true, it would become the new norm.

Because it is nothing to do with anyone else where i am going. 

Do i ring them and say i am going to watch the football or going fishing etc?

Some forces have behaved disgracefully during this virus lockdown showing they cannot be given more powers.

Since the start of all this i have carried on controlling foxes.  I have travelled alone, met nobody at the venue done what i have to do and travelled home on my own.  

24 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Chamberlain made the mistake of trying to appease Hitler. He looked stupid in the end.

The police don't give a flying fig if someone has phoned in or not. It's a waste of time and yes their time too but that's not a legitimate shooting persons fault but the fault of in all probability a townie moved into the country or a vegan person or a genuine idiot numpty skull!

Unfortunately the proliferation of such people has caused us all to be filled with fear and dare not make a sound.

My suggestion of a remedy is to shoot more without any moderators fitted. Take a shotgun and shoot some clays at night upwind from any new housing development. Just one week of this will have all the poor afflicted ones rebooted and adjusted. End of problem but pampering to their special needs will only ever ever fail but favour them!

So while you may frown or laugh at my suggestion just remember please, I did warn you!

These two previous post are how it is never treat plod like your mate.  Treat plod like a touchy Alsatian.  It might defend you but it is just as likely to bite you.     And That's the way it is. ...... Larry potterfield

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Meece said:

That is the sort of guff that comes from basic.  Be a good fellow don't rock the boat.  Bend over and be greateful . AND say this... for what I am about to receive make me truly grateful 

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile — hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill 1954.

These two previous post are how it is never treat plod like your mate.  Treat plod like a touchy Alsatian.  It might defend you but it is just as likely to bite you.     And That's the way it is. ...... Larry potterfield

Only time I phone in is when using the shotgun during the day at one certain place cos although I live in rural Yorkshire some w@nker thinks is good to call the local wildlife officer who is on the same page..even when I haven’t got the gun out of the car... this blokes a fcukin tit and a legend round our way as he hasn’t got the balls to come out when it’s dark and the real countryside crime is happening!!

Pick on the man who you know has to be humble.... told my farmer I’m about there and He’s gonna get the kind of reaction that he’s not expecting one day!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, si brown said:

Only time I phone in is when using the shotgun during the day at one certain place cos although I live in rural Yorkshire some w@nker thinks is good to call the local wildlife officer who is on the same page..even when I haven’t got the gun out of the car... this blokes a fcukin tit and a legend round our way as he hasn’t got the balls to come out when it’s dark and the real countryside crime is happening!!

Pick on the man who you know has to be humble.... told my farmer I’m about there and He’s gonna get the kind of reaction that he’s not expecting one day!

Ignor him and he will be charged with wasting police time. Not you si.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

That may be Mitch as in the fact that police in certain parts of the country rule that without a written statement from the doctor, you will NOT get even a renewal ticket which is way out of order but the government is not stopping them so they carry on and it may be brought into government policy in time.

During lockdown, there was NO provision for us to go out shooting and yes I know quite a few of you did so and that was your decision but my shooting partner and myself did not and that was our decision. This situation of phoning in to the control room when we go out is not a major issue and is running during the covid19 outbreak, never before and not after.

If it became law to phone in every time we went out, it would be a pain in the arse BUT we would do it to preserve our hobby / sport, that would be an end to it.  There is no reason for the police to want to continue as they don't have the man power anyway so to be taking thousands of calls every week is rubbish.

My take on this is that we were all supposed to stay at home so if I am seen going out to enjoy my shooting and someone sees me and decides to report me as I should not be driving around, so by calling it in, I am covered and if anyone wants to make something out of it either personally or other means, I have done no wrong.

At the end of the day, we will all do our own thing and that is how it should be.

Phil

• Like 1
19 hours ago, philpot said:

You phone 101 and ask for the control room who will take your details and where you are going. It is simple and save any problems that may occur. Once we are all back to the new normal, I won't be doing this but in all honesty, I don't really mind if it helps when some anti reports that there is a bloke with a gun, it saves sending out other police officers when they could be better placed elsewhere.

Not everyone's take on it but it keeps me on the right side and I will continue until I no longer need to do it.

Phil

Yep and it's also far easier and more pleasant that getting held at gun point by an armed response team because some anti has reported a "terrorist" training in the country with a rifle. Might sound ridiculous, but there are plenty of tales of shooters being held at gunpoint. My own friend had an armed visit after someone reported him out shootingalbeit it wasn't very dramatic as they go. It's personal choice but gunpoint vs phone call, I knwo which I'd take.

20 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Must be different where you are, as I've had them phone me up while I've been out shooting when someone has made a call reporting shots being fired , only once have they turned up on a occasion when I hadn't logged in 

Lets not forget it covers you for going to the perm and coming home at 3 or 4am in the morning if you get stopped by a traffic cop .

you just give them the log no and they check and send you on your way .

better than having your rifles taken off you .

or being covered in red dots lol

Plus some perms require you to log in with the police as well 

saves them getting a call in the early hours of the morning asking if you have permission

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I had an idiot phone the police one night. He was renting a house on the estate next to gates I used. He blocked my access too. So I turned around and went another way. He phoned the police.

By the time I was passing the property again the police were there and I tooted my horn.

They followed at a leisurely pace and I pulled over without request from them and spoke to the officer. His first words were "that man has had me come all the way from Stafford because he has seen off burglars". No I said he knows me and is a well known trouble maker. He informed me that "they know he is a trouble maker and is on the phone all the time. They will have to caution him if this carrys on"!

He then said "thanks lads" and went.

We were asked nothing about or actions at all.

Now tell me please of anyone that lost their licence for pursuing a legal activity at night? I for one have never heard of any!

What I am hearing is FEAR, expressed by people pursuing a legal activity! The same fear is turning some into sniffling, cowering fools bowing before the very authority that they fund and are entitled to help from.

Now if some idiot organisation wants to point loaded firearms at me bring it on! I will be straight around the lawyers! I want some of my tax back thanks ?

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1