Ferreting dog.

? The most important criteria with pastoral hybrids is Temperament,...not just from the jukel itself, but also from the handler...

Herding dog composites can be difficult to understand,.. they definitely ain't for everyone...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after a lot of thinking i decided to go with a collie, i have got myself a nice bitch pup. only had it a couple of days and really like her so far. hopefully i have done the right thing, not going to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, postie said:

Hi Tomo, hope you're well mate...

Still doing a bit and it is a bit...same as a lot of places now the bunnies are pretty scarce at the moment ?.  D.C. is a full time pestie now...I think he's moving away from the lurchers though.

How about yourself...what are you running mate? 

Yep still getting out catching a good few....only have the one runner....Bonnie....its the bitch you wanted of mick dadd ...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

? The most important criteria with pastoral hybrids is Temperament,...not just from the jukel itself, but also from the handler...

Herding dog composites can be difficult to understand,.. they definitely ain't for everyone...?

DSC_2925.jpg

Definitely! So may people complain about collie temperament when it's simply that their temperaments aren't suited to one.

Cuts the opposite way though; I was once talked into getting a terrier cross (long story) and although he was a lovely little chap with loads of character we simply didn't get on. I rehomed him at less than a year old and his new owner raved about him.

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Was they yours mate?  What did you think of them? I like them a lot, I like this one I got here aswell I think they deffo have potential to be decent workers, atleast I hope so ?

He was a lovely lad with a great temperament  Katchum...great marker and retriever,  unfortunately he liked to yap so after a couple of seasons we parted company ?.  I don't think you'll go far wrong with yours mate...all the best with her?

dogs010.jpg

• Like 2
10 hours ago, postie said:

He must be getting on a bit now...I reckon he's about 9 now Neal. 

Crikey! Is it that long ago?

I was really tempted to try to talk him into letting me have one but I still had three pure kelpies at the time so definitely not enough room or work for another. They're all gone now too and my current two are six and two so a couple of years wait before my next.

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Crikey! Is it that long ago?

I was really tempted to try to talk him into letting me have one but I still had three pure kelpies at the time so definitely not enough room or work for another. They're all gone now too and my current two are six and two so a couple of years wait before my next.

I think DC has now got another pure Kelpie bitch Neal.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, postie said:

I think DC has now got another pure Kelpie bitch Neal.

Noggin's breeder told me he had a pure kelpie from her but it unfortunately died young due to some medical reason. She also told me how impressive his 3/4 kelpie was. Thanks for the info.

Postie, do you know how the 3/4 kelpies turned out e.g. how did D.C. rate them compared to Taz and Gem?

I know there were a few negative comments about his plan in EDRD but I think that was aimed more at the father x daughter mating element than the cross per se.

I've always wanted to ask him how they all got on but I've not seen him on here for years.

Thanks in advance.