Would you know you are dead.

9 minutes ago, kanny said:

Incorrect 

For starters I can't be certain about anything external to my own my mind so the fact your statement is external to me I cant guarantee it 100 % exist  and I cant even be certain about my own mind I could quite possibly be a simulation and what may seem like free will to me may just be script running on a computer for example. How would I know? ?

Have you seen those split brain experiments, eerie bordering terrifying. ?

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fkn lockdown got a lot to answer for .

I'd like to see the cnut save anything on my wages and married to my wife 

Id like to come back as a school age me , but with the knowledge I have now .  Id be like “ what’s that ladbrokes ? United are 1 nil down with a minute left in the nou camp ? I’ll have a mil

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But that would also have to include animals, they too have a conscious. 

Yes agreed.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The smart money is that we develop a consciousness as a survival mechanism, why would we need it once we expire? 

But that's more philosophical that scientific, don't you think? We're just speculating now for fun. If I had a gun to my head I'd be inclined to gamble that brain death is indeed 'the end' but I just don't think we are able to conclusively say that.

Was it you that told me about the film I Origins:whistling: Anyway, great film and I love to think that something like that could be true. I doubt it, but science hasn't put that to bed for me yet.

11 minutes ago, kanny said:

Incorrect 

For starters I can't be certain about anything external to my own my mind so the fact your statement is external to me I cant guarantee it 100 % exist  and I cant even be certain about my own mind I could quite possibly be a simulation and what may seem like free will to me may just be script running on a computer for example. How would I know? ?

this reminds me of Ex Machina. Topics of death and artificial intelligence etc are really at the foundation about consciousness and sentience.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Have you seen those split brain experiments, eerie bordering terrifying. ?

There was a similar experiment done by a scientist in which they asked a young lad who had received this epilepsy surgery what he wanted to be when he was older. He voiced that he wanted to be a secretary or something but then wrote down that he wanted to be a racing driver. 

Is that evidence that we have don't even have a true self, my mind is always littered with conflictions. ?

Edited by Greb147
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My Nan died in my arms at the age of 97, I,m not a religious person and I don’t fear death or have any preconceived idea,s, but that day I had a very very strange experience that made me think there may just be something else going on,?? 

When I was younger I went upstairs passed my baby brothers room and he was smiling and waving at me in his cot .. less than 5 minutes later my mum went to lift him out for a feed and he had died in his sleep  ..  there's not a chance he could of died in that time frame 

There's definitely something else going on after we leave this place 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Well this is a nice cheery subject to start the day ?

Personally im over the moon that ive made it into my 50,s i never thought id make it out of my 20,s at one point so whatever else is a bonus ?...but knowing if you are dead that is one morbid thing to discuss !

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Chid said:

When I was younger I went upstairs passed my baby brothers room and he was smiling and waving at me in his cot .. less than 5 minutes later my mum went to lift him out for a feed and he had died in his sleep  ..  there's not a chance he could of died in that time frame 

There's definitely something else going on after we leave this place 

That's some situation mate.

And sorry to hear it.rip little chid ?

• Like 1

I'd seen my father only 3 times in 40yrs. 

I said to the wife 1 day sitting in the kitchen.he's going to die soon I just had a strange feeling for a few mins that came out of the blue.

4 weeks later.had a message to phone my aunty.she needs to speak to you.

And I knew what she was going to say..

I can't explain that at all.

12 hours ago, king said:

I've spent my life not believing in him though..

I've always thought I don't believe in God and Jesus and shit mate, but subconsciously I must do. When I was going for a emergency brain op. I remember asking God just to give me another chance I ain't ready to go yet.

Then hey Presto 2 weeks have gone by and I was out of intensive care. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I've always thought I don't believe in God and Jesus and shit mate, but subconsciously I must do. When I was going for a emergency brain op. I remember asking God just to give me another chance I ain't ready to go yet.

I don't believe in it mate.

But if it is real then he certainly give you another go at it mate.

I thought I seen a scar on your head when I called down. 

8 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

yea but that was the well trained doctors and nurses not god what do you think he ? did this man up in the sky

• Like 1