ferret prices

25 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

thats the price i was thinking ,10 -15 ,but its been a while since i bought one ,so the price isnt that bad at 25,...Nice set up DC,plenty of room,,neat and tidy

They are funny little creatures... In between a dog and cat for intelligence imo... Kids have them in the house most days to play with them ? converted an old lurcher run for them 3 m x 2 m, enough room to sit down in there with em, they thrive on human contact, come when called or whistled ?

Tell me about it lol...2 to 3 hrs in her bedroom every day ,unfortunately one escaped from the nest box and walked into the greyhounds kennel....the daughter was devestated afterwards for a few days ..

Screenshot_20190728-200256.jpg

IMG_20190729_202639.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Had similar happen when mine were younger, came home to find my best ferret brown bread... I beat the little b*****d black terrier unconscious with the dead fert I found in its run?

the greyhound bitch i had(i still have another)was a savage,i could beat her for an hour she'd still be savage,cant blame the dog ,it was down to human error...and i might add,the greyhound ate the ferret after killing it...unfortunately she never took when covered with a dog ,vet checked and he reckoned she would never go on pup..so I PTS...was asking around for a few days and theres no ferrets being kept by many here

If I sell any of a litter I charge £15-20. As said before this is to ensure people are serious. To be fair a ferret is still a working animal which can bring years of working ability, I think in general they are under valued. 

Edited by Lamper121
  • Like 3
On 12/05/2020 at 14:33, Daniel cain said:

They are funny little creatures... In between a dog and cat for intelligence imo... Kids have them in the house most days to play with them ? converted an old lurcher run for them 3 m x 2 m, enough room to sit down in there with em, they thrive on human contact, come when called or whistled ?

kids and ferrets a great mix?and you can't beat plenty of space for them. 

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Kids are best thing on earth for manning up ferret kitts an pups ?

hopefully breed a litter meself or get couple more Jill kitts this year, down to 2 now an got bit more land today when I was out spraying on quad bike ?CF1C4389-F19F-46BA-A3E2-7BAE738386E7.jpeg.91da2f3b9de45a8ae8de85656ee08cef.jpegBEB061DC-35EB-42D7-A55B-F14B90E025DC.jpeg.80678dd8d6d20b0c7b6efe8578f49092.jpegBAAB2238-D98A-49C5-BA41-C5D854BEF0DF.jpeg.60616f8c8377db83d31689314a1ff23d.jpeg?

o you lucky man katchy ?

• Like 1
On 11/05/2020 at 18:18, jigsaw said:

just out of interest ,what price do you charge ,or are willing to pay for a ferret kit of 8 weeks old? ive been looking for a jill for the daughter and off hand dont know of anyone that has them available ,so i trawled through the FB pages and came across 3,none of whom im acquainted with,,the first lady was a pet owner and asking 50 quid ,and not that im a tight fecker but ,i said thanks but no thanks,the second was 25 and third 30...so i was just wondering was this the going rate for a young kit these days ...weve more or less booked 1 and should have it in a months time ...so what you folk happy to pay or charge for a young un

I used to charge 25 euro if I remember right. It was a while ago that I bred last and that was the going rate.

I stopped keeping and breeding as I wasn't ferreting much but since I've a young pup on (8 months) I'd like to get one so he knows they are not fair game. Did you come across many from working lines?

• 1 month later...