Help needed to chrono a rifle

• 1 year later...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heavier pellets have ALWAYS increased the fpe when ever i have used them in sub 12 rifles. It is not uncommon for Daystate rifles to be low on power but for GOD'S sake, do not sent it to Daystate to h

Try some lighter pellets mate it should bring that flb and the fps up, the first shot is ok on power but the rest are low,  it's ok but I would sooner it be shooting at about 11.5 flb

Average 565.4 fps. 10.7 flb but you are better doing 10 shots

Posted Images

There are a lot of factors that can influence the flight of the bullet. Even the speed and direction of the wind can make the bullet fly faster or slower and change the direction a little bit. Maybe the fact that you don't have a scope influenced so much. For such a rifle like yours, a mid-long range rifle scope is reasonable. You can look through a list of the best 6.5 Grendel scopes and choose the one you like the most. I suggest you not select the cheapest and most expensive because there is no need to pay so much money on a scope.

Edited by Takairtas
On 14/09/2021 at 11:17, Takairtas said:

There are a lot of factors that can influence the flight of the bullet. Even the speed and direction of the wind can make the bullet fly faster or slower and change the direction a little bit. Maybe the fact that you don't have a scope influenced so much. For such a rifle like yours, a mid-long range rifle scope is reasonable. You can look through a list of the best 6.5 Grendel scopes and choose the one you like the most. I suggest you not select the cheapest and most expensive because there is no need to pay so much money on a scope.

Welcome to the forum

The gun in question is an air rifle not a 6.5 Grendel rifle which even if they are sold in England, I have never seen or even heard of one so the choice and demands of the scope is completely different.

This thread was 16 months ago so I think Mark is sorted now but you need to consider that the products you have in Canada, are not in many cases sold in the UK and also take into account that we have a restriction in the power of air rifles allowed in the UK of 12 fpe, I am guessing in Canada, like the US there are no restrictions for the power of air rifles. In England we have to apply for a Firearms Certificate to own an air rifle over 12fpe.  

Phil