Help needed to chrono a rifle

Hello lads I’ve just Chronographed my Daystate air ranger .22 with field target trophy’s 14.66gr and don’t understand it to be honest this is what my chrombro said over 5 shots I no there’s some difference in the numbers but will it make much difference and what ftp is my rifle first time using a chrono thanks in advance mark ?

image.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heavier pellets have ALWAYS increased the fpe when ever i have used them in sub 12 rifles. It is not uncommon for Daystate rifles to be low on power but for GOD'S sake, do not sent it to Daystate to h

Try some lighter pellets mate it should bring that flb and the fps up, the first shot is ok on power but the rest are low,  it's ok but I would sooner it be shooting at about 11.5 flb

Average 565.4 fps. 10.7 flb but you are better doing 10 shots

Posted Images

1 minute ago, airbourne said:

Try some lighter pellets mate it should bring that flb and the fps up, the first shot is ok on power but the rest are low,  it's ok but I would sooner it be shooting at about 11.5 flb

Might sound a silly question but what ftp is mine firing now my heads farting trying to read the instructions and looking on YouTube ? 

That's averaging out at 10.374 flb  563.5 fps with them pellet  which is low, I would try some lighter pellets that should put you flb up with out going over the 12 flb limit. But saying that if they are hitting where you point and you are happy then that's fine.The Combro CB-625 mk4 tells you all you need to know takes any working out of the equation

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, airbourne said:

I am a 177 pellet man,  have you cleaned the barrel the reason why I say is because the shot string itself is not  bad it's only 7 flb spread 

put post in wrong box

Edited by barrywhite
1 hour ago, Fellman Mark said:

Thanks mate I am happy with the pellets I am using so might just drop the gun off to be turned up a bit I couldn’t see a lighter pellets is there any you would suggest I try thanks mark ?

you may want to try different pellets before you go for a tune .JSB use soft lead I believe in their pellets I believe , also a heavyer soft lead pellet will give you more power from a PCP air gun . one extra ft lbs of power can be obtained with different pellets easy .also if your gun is unregulated not sure if it is or not , but if it is unregulated you will also get a power curve .

13 hours ago, airbourne said:

Heavy pellets will give you more ftlbs

Give AA fields 15.9 gr ago , but try different pellets as every barrel is different

AA fields  JSB 16 gr probably the best pellet to test readings with ,  most efficient weight of pellet for PCP guns to be tested with 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Heavy pellets will give you more ftlbs

Sorry mate but you are wrong a chronograph does not lie.    Bisley magnums 10.65 = 11.3.  qys 9.56  =11.5 jsb excact 8.44 = 11.8 I altered my power on my fx last week and these were the results, it's no diffrent with a 22