• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropped a squirrel this morning at range ??

I ordered one from pro shot , it took 5 days to get here but was well worth the wait. When I first banded it up I thought ... naa doesn’t feel right.. how fekin wrong !. I’ve put 0.8mm GZK bands on an

First rabbit with scout lt. Love it 

Posted Images

On 07/08/2020 at 08:53, Neal said:

I'm really enjoying the new LT too. Finally felt confident to use one on game last week and have already taken one squirrel. Only weird thing I noticed was that the black bands it was supplied with only lasted me a couple of weeks so it was a good job I'd already ordered three HTH band sets from the same company. I'm wondering if it was because my band length is now shorter, thanks to the advice on here, which means I'm putting more stress on them.

The simple shot black...their new black which would have been on your scout lt is supposed to be one of the best lasting flat bands......certainly had a strong pull to the stuff on my lt for the thickness of the band......,but I can’t really lt comment on its longevity as the band supplied wasn’t really suitable for me.

i can say all the different flat bands I’ve used have not lasted long at all. For example the roll of  gzk black cold band I’ve got at the minute can last an average amount for one band set I cut then randomly snap 2 inch from the pouch after a few shots on another set. It’s for this reason I make my own....if you start to shoot regular it starts to cost a fair bit. The cost of buying  roller, cutting mat etc is cheap and once you’ve made a couple of sets I promise you you won’t look back. Generally if a band set lasts me two outings it’s doing well....probably may shoot  fifty to hundred balls when I’m out.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Thanks 1

Consistent as in same measurements having the same draw weight. I know if I cut a set at 145 short draw then then next will be the same . I’ve bought certain 0.8 band roll and cut it at 150 and had no trouble until I bought another roll and had to cut it at 140 to get any type of consistency.... every packet of dankung 1745 have been the same as the last. It does take some getting used to so don’t loose faith in it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Big rowie said:

More consistent in lasting longer ? I'll need to give tubes a try 

I don’t buy specific brands like dankung just type natural latex tube into eBay, the 1745 or 2050 measurements the catty sellers use is just the internal and external dimensions of the tube, so a 1745 is 1.7mm internal measurement 4.5 external size, it’s the same stuff costs penny’s and lasts years ??

C7575673-A875-400C-BD64-A160460B820E.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I don’t buy specific brands like dankung just type natural latex tube into eBay, the 1745 or 2050 measurements the catty sellers use is just the internal and external dimensions of the tube, so a 1745 is 1.7mm internal measurement 4.5 external size, it’s the same stuff costs penny’s and lasts years ??

C7575673-A875-400C-BD64-A160460B820E.png

Bang on mate much appreciated 

2 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

You buy the weight seperate, as far as I know only from simple shot,  found out the other day that they are stamped with a manufacturing date..this one April 2020.

9F72D8FC-DFD8-44F9-B825-BA5F5A865F1E.png

Just ordered another scout lt from proshot as they’re back in stock.

Have you seen the thumb screws that simple shot are now selling instead of the penny screws.......proshot not got them in yet though.