• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropped a squirrel this morning at range ??

I ordered one from pro shot , it took 5 days to get here but was well worth the wait. When I first banded it up I thought ... naa doesn’t feel right.. how fekin wrong !. I’ve put 0.8mm GZK bands on an

First rabbit with scout lt. Love it 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, gaza said:

Yeah I’ll have a play about. Preferred the all black and some of the orange variations but think it looked smart once the brown scales are on. 

Have you tried shooting without the scales?

I prefer to shoot without them, allows my fingers to go inside the hole. Looks nicer with them on though.

On 01/07/2020 at 21:57, gaza said:

Yeah I got the cammo one, think that’s all was left in stock but happy with it. 1st slingshot so bit clueless but thought the bands were long. 

A86CA0CC-FB56-45F1-A818-54AD1A2DAA50.jpeg

Get someone to measure your draw length.  From the top target side of fork to the front of pouch where the band ends. As a guide divide by 5. Eg 75 draw length divide 5 = 15cm active draw length (if you were making your bands you would add extra onto this amount to accommodate tying onto the pouch and clips.

4 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I havnt mate , one thing I have started doing is using the lanyard around my wrist, it’s not too uncomfortable but bloody hell my accuracy over a long distance has improved.

I’ve started doing that a while back. Also safer.

• Like 1
On 01/07/2020 at 21:57, gaza said:

Yeah I got the cammo one, think that’s all was left in stock but happy with it. 1st slingshot so bit clueless but thought the bands were long. 

A86CA0CC-FB56-45F1-A818-54AD1A2DAA50.jpeg

I’ve shot both over the top and through the forks. It’s personal preference, but looking back I would definitely start out over the top. The reason been I found it more forgiving if I made a mistake. Everyone’s different and some may disagree, but I’m not talking about accuracy. I’ve had some nasty hand hits shooting through the forks when I started out, right on the inside of my index finger, it cuts, it bruises and it I bloody hurts for a while. Over the top is more forgiving if you make a mistake, less fork hits etc.

On 03/07/2020 at 10:21, Shortstraw said:

I’ve shot both over the top and through the forks. It’s personal preference, but looking back I would definitely start out over the top. The reason been I found it more forgiving if I made a mistake. Everyone’s different and some may disagree, but I’m not talking about accuracy. I’ve had some nasty hand hits shooting through the forks when I started out, right on the inside of my index finger, it cuts, it bruises and it I bloody hurts for a while. Over the top is more forgiving if you make a mistake, less fork hits etc.

Cheers Shortstraw and thanks for the active length message. One of the reasons I went for the Scout just seems a doddle changing the bands around. Get what your saying...do most people end up shooting through the forks when there half decent. The only hunting vids and even most target ones I’ve seen seem to be ttf. 

13 minutes ago, gaza said:

Cheers Shortstraw and thanks for the active length message. One of the reasons I went for the Scout just seems a doddle changing the bands around. Get what your saying...do most people end up shooting through the forks when there half decent. The only hunting vids and even most target ones I’ve seen seem to be ttf. 

It’s true a lot seem to shoot ttf, but I think most try both and see high they prefer. However for example Nathan masters who shoots an occularis has one band on top of the forks and the other band ttf!

I started ott then went ttf.....neither is more accurate, both just as easy really, but for me the cost of ttf mistakes sooner or later may end in the dreaded hand hit.....and you only want to do it once.....think I’ve done it 3 or 4 times.

Other thing you might want to consider, ttf you look down the centre of the band,,,,,ott the top edge of the band or tip of fork.....on ott you can add a bit of optic fibre to allow a more precise aiming point.......maybe you can do this with with ttf, but maybe more difficult.

So I started ott then went to ttf then one day I tried ott again and realised I was hitting much more accurately.....don’t know why. I guess it’s something to play with and eventually you settle on one.

Try to find your own style, be consistent and put the practice in and you’ll be as good as the next person regardless of ott or ttf.

• 1 month later...