New bands finally arrived

9 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Things for making bands........

Band jig....different types ranging in price.......quite easy to make....

Self healing craft mat.

Cutting roller 45mm does it well.

Crystal string 1mm for tying at pouch

Band template for making tapers....£10 Celtic cattys......worth having, makes life easy

( when you buy a band template they ask your active length.......distance from tip of catapult furthest away to tip of pouch at full draw divided by 5 I think)....that’s what I use anyway......then when you cut you add a little extra to accommodate tying to pouch and fixing to catapult.

Pouches and band.

This fella has some good vids you’ve probably seen.......shows you how to do bands.....it’s so far into the video. The band jig he has isn’t much and does the job.

A lot now seem to be going down the 8mm ball route and .6mm band at around 18/13 taper.

if you have never made bands before , I would go for tubes first . You may be fine making flat bands first but you will get failures untill you get it right . You will get failures with tubes but less they are more forgiving ,

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

for pouch’s just stop next time you see a leather sofa at the side of the road and cut a square out, or the sample books from furniture shops have miles of nice leather in ?

you wont believe went out for a cycle after reading this and found a road side leather sofa . cut some leather out quick may go back tomorrow if its still and get more . in the dark I was not sure if it was leather but looking at home in better light  it is .

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Greyman said:

for pouch’s just stop next time you see a leather sofa at the side of the road and cut a square out, or the sample books from furniture shops have miles of nice leather in ?

Talking of pouches I just got some delivered for 8mm balls, one design of pouch no problem getting band through however the hole in the other design was so small....like really small. I had to get the clamp scissors and use one of the points to push the corner of the band slightly through then gently coax the rest through by gently pulling......not ideal but I got there.

Seems strange shooting 8mm......makes it feel more like a toy.......but they do fly and weigh less in the pocket....given how many i carry.

• Like 1