Jump to content

Fox, Badger, Hares and mammals - please add yours


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's taken me over 40 yrs to see a wild badger with my own eyes, let alone photograph one...

Probably the hardest image i have ever had to work for, after spending countless hours, weeks and months over a period of 5 years or so sitting at different setts and sites i finally got my 1st sightings and images of a wild badger.... This sow became very tolerant of my presence and had the pleasure of watching her and her 4 young cubs over the summer and into the end of autumn...

Might not seem much to some on here and it may have many haters but to me, this is probably the most treasured and intimate wildlife experience i have had to date...

Badger mono.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zandy01 said:

It's taken me over 40 yrs to see a wild badger with my own eyes, let alone photograph one...

Probably the hardest image i have ever had to work for, after spending countless hours, weeks and months over a period of 5 years or so sitting at different setts and sites i finally got my 1st sightings and images of a wild badger.... This sow became very tolerant of my presence and had the pleasure of watching her and her 4 young cubs over the summer and into the end of autumn...

Might not seem much to some on here and it may have many haters but to me, this is probably the most treasured and intimate wildlife experience i have had to date...

Badger mono.jpg

They are a very unique animal, cracking shot👌

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Do you ever sell any of your pics pal? 

No mate, if anyone would ever like one I would just email them over a high resolution copy free of charge and let them get printed/mounted/framed...

I haven’t even got any of my photos framed in my house although I’m going to get some done this year as my wife has been asking me to get some done for home...

I’ve had artists use them for reference and request they credit the original photo with my name, I’ve had Natural History Society of Northumbria use my photos in their publications but it’s just a hobby for me...

Plenty excellent wildlife photographers out there with big names who make a really good living and big money, some pay to have their names and photos seen and some are in the clique with the big names and hang off of them and then there are millions of amateur togs with amazing images that don’t even get a like on social media and don’t have their names known but do it for the passion of being out with nature, honest people... 👍

363CC775-2923-4B44-9D0F-07A5D4E1287D.jpeg

CB2E2F7E-D079-4645-8646-DA2A6A936ADF.png

2CDCC61C-359C-4319-938C-040060683670.png

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, zandy01 said:

No mate, if anyone would ever like one I would just email them over a high resolution copy free of charge and let them get printed/mounted/framed...

I haven’t even got any of my photos framed in my house although I’m going to get some done this year as my wife has been asking me to get some done for home...

I’ve had artists use them for reference and request they credit the original photo with my name, I’ve had Natural History Society of Northumbria use my photos in their publications but it’s just a hobby for me...

Plenty excellent wildlife photographers out there with big names who make a really good living and big money, some pay to have their names and photos seen and some are in the clique with the big names and hang off of them and then there are millions of amateur togs with amazing images that don’t even get a like on social media and don’t have their names known but do it for the passion of being out with nature, honest people... 👍

363CC775-2923-4B44-9D0F-07A5D4E1287D.jpeg

CB2E2F7E-D079-4645-8646-DA2A6A936ADF.png

2CDCC61C-359C-4319-938C-040060683670.png

Do you shoot raw and what do you edit them with? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Do you shoot raw and what do you edit them with? 

Yes Greb, always shoot Raw with minimal editing in Lightroom...  a little noise reduction, highlights and shadows is about all I alter...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...