Troy and Misty

3 minutes ago, goshawking719 said:

A wall of vanity? A pedigree? If he had just put some names instead of going to the effort of getting pictures of long dead dogs would you be saying the same?

All the breeding can be proved... no false claims as to its out of this and that when it isn't.... 

I bought one of the last pups from troy from Jacob... £100 at 8 weeks old. 

Maybe you shouldn't assume so much morton?

One of the last pups?how many does he feel comfortable breeding.Ive never known a lurcher worth breeding from more than once.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here misty and her pups enjoying abit of sun shine 

Out for a walk with my daughter and the pup ( He’s 11 weeks old now).

I'm still breathing matey, few too many old & knackered dogs but still we keep on keeping on Joe ?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, morton said:

One of the last pups?how many does he feel comfortable breeding.Ive never known a lurcher worth breeding from more than once.

If I had a good bitch I’d want 2 litters off her to different dogs, see what she throws and good opportunity for tight breeding down the line 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, morton said:

The way i see it is the fact it used to cost a fiver to advertise a litter in the right section,the saluki hybrids command the most dollar and entice the most idiots.I may be the most misanthropic twat on here but i recognise a lad on the chance of saving a fiver,that says more about the reason for breeding than what id feel comfortable with.

There's bigger things to worry about Morton you've been in the game a long time if you met Jacob and saw his dogs I'm sure you'd get on with him atb..

3 minutes ago, morton said:

The pup he kept had a bad accident he still has hasn't got rid like a lot would but he's limited to how much he can give the dog, he now has mine back "gunner" which he initially given to me as a pup as well keeping hold of it until it was 5 months old as I was away, Troy must be 9 now and misty 6 or 7 the dogs and hunting are his life by the time these pups will be of age he'll only have the pup n gunner to work, no ulterior motives Morton he's planning for the future n trying to get another pup out of Troy before the old boy starts firing blanks?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, morton said:

Its was 2 years ago in 4 days the last litter was born.... same stud dog different bitch. Not exactly churning them out.

I'm sure if anyone was breeding for money they wouldn't be breeding lurchers when some of the designer mongrels are going for £1500 a pup?!

4 minutes ago, dodger said:

There's bigger things to worry about Morton you've been in the game a long time if you met Jacob and saw his dogs I'm sure you'd get on with him atb..

Thats the type of response im comfortable with.Ill apologise to the lad because of you.You are the type of lad id liked to have shared a long gallop with.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, morton said:

Thats the type of response im comfortable with.Ill apologise to the lad because of you.You are the type of lad id liked to have shared a long gallop with.

I don't think Jacob will take any offence mate some people speak there minds like you it doesn't have to mean there bad n your probably saying what you did due to there actually being so much shit about n bred for the wrong reasons but honestly these are good dogs with a good owner and well tested and the lad knows how to rear a litter, do you still run the deerhound x's it's a shame you don't see many decent ones about now..

1 minute ago, dodger said:

I don't think Jacob will take any offence mate some people speak there minds like you it doesn't have to mean there bad n your probably saying what you did due to there actually being so much shit about n bred for the wrong reasons but honestly these are good dogs with a good owner and well tested and the lad knows how to rear a litter, do you still run the deerhound x's it's a shame you don't see many decent ones about now..

I lost my last un a few years ago,venison,chase and bus fecked her up.My lad owns her brother and its a dog wasted on his ambition,he walks past meadows and pastures,hills and fells capable of putting the 28",80lb adonis on its fecking toes.If a fox is not on the radar its not worth chasing,i bred it for far more than his limitations.Ive not owned a lurcher since because i cannot find anything that offers the same.He,s putting the dog over his wheaton this year,i don,t want one,he,s also lining something that id be more comfortable with,yet im happy with 3 terriers now and cannot gather the energy to go down the lurcher route again.If another Deerhoundy/collie cur bitch warranted the adonis over her id be all over that litter like a Paki on a 13 year old,beat that Wilf?.

2 minutes ago, morton said:

I lost my last un a few years ago,venison,chase and bus fecked her up.My lad owns her brother and its a dog wasted on his ambition,he walks past meadows and pastures,hills and fells capable of putting the 28",80lb adonis on its fecking toes.If a fox is not on the radar its not worth chasing,i bred it for far more than his limitations.Ive not owned a lurcher since because i cannot find anything that offers the same.He,s putting the dog over his wheaton this year,i don,t want one,he,s also lining something that id be more comfortable with,yet im happy with 3 terriers now and cannot gather the energy to go down the lurcher route again.If another Deerhoundy/collie cur bitch warranted the adonis over her id be all over that litter like a Paki on a 13 year old,beat that Wilf?.

Shame about the one you lost, iv always had a soft spot for them especially there temperament and I have some good memories of a couple of real handy ones when I was a young lad, the last useful one I saw was about 15 or so years ago bred by Rupert slack she was a handy bitch..

Good luck next season with the terriers..

• Like 1
Just now, dodger said:

Shame about the one you lost, iv always had a soft spot for them especially there temperament and I have some good memories of a couple of real handy ones when I was a young lad, the last useful one I saw was about 15 or so years ago bred by Rupert slack she was a handy bitch..

Good luck next season with the terriers..

Cheers mucker.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jacob evo said:

I have recently lined my old bitch Misty, misty is a real good all rounder she been a handy bitch for me I put my old dog Troy over her. Troy been a real dog for me put plenty of game away there a few on here that have seen him run

Here misty breeding 

photocollage_2020429174657194.jpg

Looks a cracking breeding mate. 

• Thanks 1

Think it's only fair to mention the bull x bitch in this line as well as she was a very good dog for the lads that like that type and would be mistys dam she was a very good bitch for Roy she was..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Can’t knock that to be fair, just be covering rearing costs at that nobody’s making a profit selling pups for £100

I think that's were the lad goes wrong imo he sells them to cheap there good honest alround dogs that are tested especially that Troy n he puts maximum effort into the rearing which as you know is crucial they've got to be worth working mans price surely n to cheap can sometimes attract the wrong owners but it's his choice at the end of the day isn't it.

• Like 1