2 hours ago, Balaur said:

I bought one years ago couldn't get any kind of grouping with it took it back, ended up getting an ultra which was okay for the money no theoben rapid though. I think the .25 was BSA lightening, crap in my view might be better these days don't know.

I did the same a couple of years ago got the r10se in .25, tried numerous pellets couldnt even get it to group in the garden at 20yds ended up part exing it 8 months later, but still fancy a..25...

• Like 1

.25 will do the business at short range - it's just a bit wank at sub 12 velocities. 

.......... you're better off with a decent catty, 12mm lead and lots of practice :yes:

....... or a .22

Go FAC air - you'll like the caliber much more ;)

• Like 2

I have a bsa scorpion se in .25 . If your just wanting it for up to 20 yards then deffinalty get one. 

Just remember if it's Over 20 yards ull prob be better off throwing the gun at it, 

Cheers. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

.25 will do the business at short range - it's just a bit wank at sub 12 velocities. 

.......... you're better off with a decent catty, 12mm lead and lots of practice :yes:

....... or a .22

Go FAC air - you'll like the caliber much more ;)

Its pass throughs I'm trying to avoid at close distance, but wouldnt mind an fac..25 for the rabbits on one perm there a bugger to get close to.

• Like 1

.25 in fac is fantastic out to in excess of 100mts using AA Fields but I have never seen the appeal in sub12 although I think there is someone on here who uses one with great success.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
33 minutes ago, philpot said:

.25 in fac is fantastic out to in excess of 100mts using AA Fields but I have never seen the appeal in sub12 although I think there is someone on here who uses one with great success.

Phil

Phil , have got the FX plenum kit for your impact yet ? 
if not buy one , my mate has just installed one on his mk1 and with 34 gr JSB , he is achieving 935 940 FPS on 130 bar on the reg . I am achieving 990 with the same kit , but tuned it at 975-980 @ 130 bar on reg 

With AA fields 25.4 gr 1050 fps

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, villaman said:

if not buy one , my mate has just installed one on his mk1 and with 34 gr JSB , he is achieving 935 940 FPS on 130 bar on the reg . I am achieving 990 with the same kit , but tuned it at 975-980 @ 130 bar on reg 

Stroll on Mitch, thats quite impressive. I watched how to install one but it looks a bit tricky to say the least.

Phil

OK mate, I will have a look later but not much cash around at the moment after buying the HW99 last week so it will have to wait but as and when I do get one, I will ask you for some guidence on fitting.

Phil

17 hours ago, villaman said:

Wow those .25,s at that speed some knock down power.

• 2 weeks later...

Those new impacts can put some power out, and with the versatility of adjustment we couldn’t have imagined a few years ago. I’m looking forward to getting one as soon as the shops open properly. I was talking to an old shooting buddy yesterday ( at two metres distance of course) regarding these fx’s. He kept referring to the rapids, but I told him that they’d moved on so much since then. I still don’t think he’d grasped it though. He’s just bought a falcon after selling his rapid a while back. Nothing wrong with either, but both “olde skool” now of course.

• Like 1