I had to read this twice!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's the age old thing it's your money it's your choice. many moons ago beddywhippet pups were fetching around £45.g. Kelly at Brownhills regularly advertised in the shooting news at £100.me and a mat

And I bet the only thought in their head when breeding the litter was £££££. If anybody even contemplates paying that for them then they need a clip round the ear hole. 

No difference at all, if a person breeds pet dogs and does it right there’s absolutely no problem. If the bitches get looked after & don’t get the arse bred off them. Bitches get a good life, pups

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

Mine will grab feral pigs that other so called tough breeds stand back and bark at so good whippets are a very game dog for their size and build,I think the gamest of all sighthounds.

Me grannies chihouha bit a feller once does that make it a protection dog lol

• Haha 1
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

In a way it is,gamer than a 150lb bandog doing the same.

To be fair most the one i seen it was the cold amd wet that took it out of em bet youse do have sport in oz with em

• Like 1

greeny i like your posts on here mate an am no disputing theres shite whippets shivery things ..but..theres some outstanding little whippets in the uk tough weather resistant wee rabbit and rat dogs...iv had two both lived long lifes they were mike brown bred lamped ferreted and ratted the bitch i had 8 seasons out of and the old dog was still ferreting at 12...now iv only had 2 but iv had a good few lurchers an a few jackers amongst them ...2 whippets 2 tryers thats all you can ask...in my opinion theres more hunt and drive in a whippet than all the other sight hounds

• Like 2
1 minute ago, C.green said:

To be fair most the one i seen it was the cold amd wet that took it out of em bet youse do have sport in oz with em

They do shiver at times but only if standing around wet and cold but so what,so do pits.Gets pretty cold in the mountains here and the dogs are fine once working.I've never had one back down from a fight with any size dog or cower to anyone, or anything.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

that photo was took in perthshire after a morning on the rabbitts.....wasnt very warm

Aye not nocking your dogs but bit dofferent to a wet windy night with flint underfoot. I did say most not all as well. If i kept sending you dogs and they was jacking on you or getting picky but i kept sending you pics of them doing this that and the other what would you think ? 

Theres one down here off that nighthunter whippets sharp little rabbiter he is when he wants to be but when he dont fancy it just gives in there and then

never ran dogs on flint mate so i couldnt comment and them whippets are long dead now i was in hampshire with my mrs just before xmass i had a look in the parks they were full of that sharp flinty shit looks a hard old job to be running anything on that

I run my dogs on pretty hard rough ground and never had any probs with their feet, unlike a pure grey I had who's feet would be shredded after 1/2 an hour.I think it's due to the whippets being very light on their feet,also my place is covered in big burrs we call cat heads,I'm forever pulling them out of the terriers feet but never the whippets.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I run my dogs on pretty hard rough ground and never had any probs with their feet, unlike a pure grey I had who's feet would be shredded after 1/2 an hour.I think it's due to the whippets being very light on their feet,also my place is covered in big burrs we call cat heads,I'm forever pulling them out of the terriers feet but never the whippets.

You're right in what you say about being light on their feet. I've owned a few purebred whippets, and didn't have one foot injury with any of em, despite being ran over very varying types of ground. Cuts were the only occasional injury any of mine suffered. And the heavier dogs I've owned, lurchers,  would be the ones that suffered more bruising etc after a bump, fall etc

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You're right in what you say about being light on their feet. I've owned a few purebred whippets, and didn't have one foot injury with any of em, despite being ran over very varying types of ground. Cuts were the only occasional injury any of mine suffered. And the heavier dogs I've owned, lurchers,  would be the ones that suffered more bruising etc after a bump, fall etc

Yeah, they get a few cuts,rips but mainly off barb when young or trying to punch above their weight with roo's over here.Mine usually ignore them when out but sometimes they can't resist and pay the price,which is me paying to get them stitched lol.