I had to read this twice!!!

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

I like a little whippet Cross for ferreting ?

Tbh i reckon most whippets are rubbish. The ones i know of and seen will all jack on rabbits. The windier and wetter a night the pickier they get. Good fast little lurchery thing you just cant beat.

• Haha 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's the age old thing it's your money it's your choice. many moons ago beddywhippet pups were fetching around £45.g. Kelly at Brownhills regularly advertised in the shooting news at £100.me and a mat

And I bet the only thought in their head when breeding the litter was £££££. If anybody even contemplates paying that for them then they need a clip round the ear hole. 

No difference at all, if a person breeds pet dogs and does it right there’s absolutely no problem. If the bitches get looked after & don’t get the arse bred off them. Bitches get a good life, pups

Posted Images

6 hours ago, C.green said:

Tbh i reckon most whippets are rubbish. The ones i know of and seen will all jack on rabbits. The windier and wetter a night the pickier they get. Good fast little lurchery thing you just cant beat.

never owned a whippet a mate had a good 1 must be 30 years ago. did you ever see the blue and white bitch Trev70 has on here I am sure that would change your mind about whippets. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Started in the game ferreting. And thats how wana finish thinking of putting whippet over my beddy grey to produce a.rough whippet be ideal for the job a rabbit in daytime rarely runs more than 25 yrds so i. Be turning the clock back to ferreting /. Ratting type dog i started with ?

Think that would be a good move. seems to be popular now a lot are running collie x whippet grey, and Bedlington x whippet grey. or a cross between the two. if I was a younger man and was lamping again and running a bit of variety that's the way I would be going ?

7 hours ago, C.green said:

Can you think of a better pure bred for rabbits?The first cross aren't usually fast enough unless crossed with another running dog.Most fast little luchers are probably 3/4 whippet.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

never owned a whippet a mate had a good 1 must be 30 years ago. did you ever see the blue and white bitch Trev70 has on here I am sure that would change your mind about whippets. 

21 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Can you think of a better pure bred for rabbits?The first cross aren't usually fast enough unless crossed with another running dog.Most fast little luchers are probably 3/4 whippet.

Aint little lurchery things made from whippets ? ?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

Think that would be a good move. seems to be popular now a lot are running collie x whippet grey, and Bedlington x whippet grey. or a cross between the two. if I was a younger man and was lamping again and running a bit of variety that's the way I would be going ?

When i was a kid they were all collie / whippet types or just straight whippets ? Think alot may be going back to smaller types since the stupid ban ?

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Dont know what whippets you seen but iv seen some full of guts and go though cover some terriers would struggle with ? Theres no quicker dog on a rabbit and they exel at ratting aswell ?

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, fred90 said:

Trev does his thing good luck to him no video of one stood on a warren will change my mind feller i could show you a dog thats done 40s up north down here i seen him start picking after as little as 5 slips. In my opinion they lack that bitch of toughness.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Dont know what whippets you seen but iv seen some full of guts and go though cover some terriers would struggle with ? Theres no quicker dog on a rabbit and they exel at ratting aswell ?

Don't know what your saying mate, I agree whole heartedly, if you read back.To me whippets are the ultimate rabbit breed and have owned them all my life.

10 hours ago, C.green said:

haha you taking the piss?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, C.green said:

Trev does his thing good luck to him no video of one stood on a warren will change my mind feller i could show you a dog thats done 40s up north down here i seen him start picking after as little as 5 slips. In my opinion they lack that bitch of toughness.

Mine will grab feral pigs that other so called tough breeds stand back and bark at so good whippets are a very game dog for their size and build,I think the gamest of all sighthounds.