I had to read this twice!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's the age old thing it's your money it's your choice. many moons ago beddywhippet pups were fetching around £45.g. Kelly at Brownhills regularly advertised in the shooting news at £100.me and a mat

And I bet the only thought in their head when breeding the litter was £££££. If anybody even contemplates paying that for them then they need a clip round the ear hole. 

No difference at all, if a person breeds pet dogs and does it right there’s absolutely no problem. If the bitches get looked after & don’t get the arse bred off them. Bitches get a good life, pups

Posted Images

The dog world full of peddlars and cash is all they think of ? In 50yrs my presant bitch i payed £120 for the most iv ever payed for a dog ? Genuine working dog men usually breed for themselves. And and surplus are usually sold at working mans prices ? Take your time and dont rush in and sumat will come up eventually ? Keep off these pets for home etc site as they should be called we gona rip you off sites ? Atb

• Like 2

Cheers for the advice. I will be patient as a dog is for life and I do want to make sure I get the right one for our family's needs (ferreting. mooching and general companion when out and about). Probably start looking in free ads in the local places. When the lurcher shows start up again are these a good source to look for suitable pups coming along? We did have a lurcher show down here in Crewkerne, Somerset in recent years but obviously not on this year.

On 13/05/2020 at 08:02, Bangersanmash said:

An the tight twats got them bedded down on normal news paper ??not shredded paper so it's nice an soft for pups.? In this day an age unless your breeding for own use and keeping pups back as your older dog or bitch is going to hang up the slip from old age or injury. Then there's no need to breed in my eyes

Yeah I agree with that mate but on the flip side of it a lot of good dogs don't see old bones I've made the mistake of thinking I'l Waite until the dogs 6 or what ever to breed off it and guess the dogs been killed or had an accident no body can predict the future but word to the wise from the not so wise ? if you've got a dog that's doing it for yah never look a gift horse in the mouth and take something back off it before it's too late I wish I did many a time 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

Yeah I agree with that mate but on the flip side of it a lot of good dogs don't see old bones I've made the mistake of thinking I'l Waite until the dogs 6 or what ever to breed off it and guess the dogs been killed or had an accident no body can predict the future but word to the wise from the not so wise ? if you've got a dog that's doing it for yah never look a gift horse in the mouth and take something back off it before it's too late I wish I did many a time 

Fairplay if the dog in retirement through no fault of its own ie injury or old age then I'd go ahead an put it in pup for a decent pup back that you know 100% will be as you've had the parent an seen the dog out in the fields. It's sods law that happening to you good dogs always end up going to the good lord first ?

13 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Fairplay if the dog in retirement through no fault of its own ie injury or old age then I'd go ahead an put it in pup for a decent pup back that you know 100% will be as you've had the parent an seen the dog out in the fields. It's sods law that happening to you good dogs always end up going to the good lord first ?

Yeah the other thing that I always think I'd rather breed from a bitch in her prime if I was going to breed then breeding off her in her later years retirement age is around 10 in my eyes and that's if they get that far and I wouldn't want to breed off a dog around that age all sorts of hassle can come of that 8s a push with some bitches 

2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Iv just lined my bedlington bitch with a spaniel , anyone interested the Bed spring pups will be on pets for homes 2 grand a piece ? Lol

joking aside mate there was some cockerxbedlngton pups on there a bit back. I thought to myself if working stock which I doubt they were they could make handy ferreting dogs. 

6 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

That's another site for pedlar's selling pup & rubbing rags at stupid prices too ( Dragon driving ). 

6 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

That's another site for pedlar's selling pup & rubbing rags at stupid prices too ( Dragon driving ). 

Lol im a dinosaur mate with the high tech jargon but im tryin lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fred90 said:

joking aside mate there was some cockerxbedlngton pups on there a bit back. I thought to myself if working stock which I doubt they were they could make handy ferreting dogs. 

Work my lurchers on game shoot mate and always thort if i was ever to have a gun dog id go for a working cocker as there the best iv seen ? But as for anything else other than me trusted lurchers for ferreting is a no no 

6 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Work my lurchers on game shoot mate and always thort if i was ever to have a gun dog id go for a working cocker as there the best iv seen ? But as for anything else other than me trusted lurchers for ferreting is a no no 

I like a little whippet Cross for ferreting ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I like a little whippet Cross for ferreting ?

Started in the game ferreting. And thats how wana finish thinking of putting whippet over my beddy grey to produce a.rough whippet be ideal for the job a rabbit in daytime rarely runs more than 25 yrds so i. Be turning the clock back to ferreting /. Ratting type dog i started with ?