I had to read this twice!!!

Wow.... Missing a trick here... Time to line my Russell bitch to my Russell dog, line my black bitch and f**k it.... I get a litter out of the old retired chocolate bitch for good measure??? Can pay for my new electric bike and a new pair of wellies? 3 dogs x 5 pups each x £400 per pup=£6000... Thank you very much ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's the age old thing it's your money it's your choice. many moons ago beddywhippet pups were fetching around £45.g. Kelly at Brownhills regularly advertised in the shooting news at £100.me and a mat

And I bet the only thought in their head when breeding the litter was £££££. If anybody even contemplates paying that for them then they need a clip round the ear hole. 

No difference at all, if a person breeds pet dogs and does it right there’s absolutely no problem. If the bitches get looked after & don’t get the arse bred off them. Bitches get a good life, pups

Posted Images

it's the age old thing it's your money it's your choice. many moons ago beddywhippet pups were fetching around £45.g. Kelly at Brownhills regularly advertised in the shooting news at £100.me and a mate went he had a fawn 1 I had a blue bitch. lot of lads said we were soft in the head. well happy with them had mine 16 years. in the words of that great English philosopher (Adam ant) ridicule is nothing to be scared of. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Im loathed to pay more than a couple hundred of quid and seeing adverts like that does wind me up, but if people are willing to pay it they do right charging it, but I don’t agree with it.

Edited by Shortstraw
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Wow.... Missing a trick here... Time to line my Russell bitch to my Russell dog, line my black bitch and f**k it.... I get a litter out of the old retired chocolate bitch for good measure??? Can pay for my new electric bike and a new pair of wellies? 3 dogs x 5 pups each x £400 per pup=£6000... Thank you very much ?

will they be docked my good man, if so put me down fer a pup, quite reasonable those prices

check out prices for lurchers and terrriers on dragon driving, would have thought you couldn't travel round britian w, absolutely nuts but there being sold, hardly any body in work, where do they find the money to pay these silly prices, soon be giving pups away, when things get tighter.

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Got it well planned out mate get it done ????

My main issue with this is that unless I am very much mistaken they are not anything other than average dogs been put together for the money, yet more inferior breeding to dilute the working lurcher game even more. 

Secondly, the lurcher world was never about the money, dogs had a job to do, it was a working class sport, money has ruined it like most other sports, full of people who come into the game, don't stay long, leave a few shite dogs behind before infiltrating somewhere else for profit. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

My main issue with this is that unless I am very much mistaken they are not anything other than average dogs been put together for the money, yet more inferior breeding to dilute the working lurcher game even more. 

Secondly, the lurcher world was never about the money, dogs had a job to do, it was a working class sport, money has ruined it like most other sports, full of people who come into the game, don't stay long, leave a few shite dogs behind before infiltrating somewhere else for profit. 

I’d never condone it but to be honest they’re not going to make the lurcher gene pool any worse are they, how can it be any worse. It’s so difficult to find a decent pup out of hard worked parents these days because when you scratch beneath the surface a lot of the well known lurcher men with good names are just as bad as the people that put that advert up

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

will they be docked my good man, if so put me down fer a pup, quite reasonable those prices

Sorry Keith I was taking the piss?If I was ever to  breed another litter of terriers, you could have your pick Foc Keith ?I've never made more than 300 off a whole litter, I couldn't look you or anyone else in the eyes and have the cheek to charge 400 for any dog?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, fred90 said:

how many lurcher pups go to working home these days? 

Perhaps its just the circle i mix in but i only see lurchers in working homes ,why would you want 80lb of bull x lying on your sofa ??

6 hours ago, RossM said:

listen, I have no problem paying for a pup. But there is a limit to what I would pay. I am lucky enough and have been lucky enough in the past to have good friends/family who are more interested in good homes than making money or a name. 

for the record the bitch had 8 pups and all but 1 are being gifted he is charging £150 for the other but that may change as the lad is willing to travel a fair distance and he is thinking of taking the fuel money off.

i suppose what I’m saying is that it is changed days to when lurchers were bred for all the right reasons and that alone and the gifting of pups is few and far between nowadays.

It wasn’t a dig mate. And I agree Lurchers age money don’t mix. A lot of the time pups are gifted amongst friends.

But what if you breed a good litter and have a couple excess pups? 

Feels like if you charge anything at all, you’re a bad bad man, and what you should do is put them on THL, free to members, as that would make you a proper Lurcher man ....... ?

Dont really see anything wrong in charging 150 or so got a decent pup to a stranger. It’s a dog that’s going to hopefully last a long time, if they kick off about a couple hundred quid ........ seems a bit strange 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Got it well planned out mate get it done ????

I'd of jumped on the frenchies 15 yrs ago if that was the case mate.... Im happy to graft for my money and don't accept free bees, always payed my way, 1 way or another?

• Like 2