Just bought this as a lock down time killer, shoots worn finish but not rusty stock needs a good sand and will stain and wax . Will get a kit  to service it with after polishing up all the internals , should make a good gun for my pest control business . Should be a good time killer!!  Paid 90 pounds which is high end but ok as this should be a pretty good gun when finished .   TR Robb does a strip down DVD for it so sorted!. Make up some stain for stock with wire wool and vingar  and got a wax kit already from another project some years ago. Supposed to be a copy of Anshutz 355  (Webleys version)  Got a 4x32 Hawk PA scope and one piece mount for it already in box of bits . Dont know calibre yet as being delivered tomorrow , hopefully flat shooting  girls calibre !!

95594472_2842625185792758_3023317171456442368_o.jpg

95694164_2842625049126105_7998386710507421696_o.jpg

• Like 5

Alaways up for a bit of "stripping and lubing :lol:" seriously though a nice project in these lockdowned times and when done probably as good as you can get sub 12 .New seals ,polish ,Delrin guide and hat job sorted .Look forward to the write up and pictures 

• Like 1

I have had this one since bought new in '80s. .22 with carbine barrel. Cost £99.99, I remember the price because my budget was £100 and a retailer in AW was doing a sleight discount on them and it came with the sling swivels fitted. It has been retired for many years now but was a very capable hunting rifle with enough power and accuracy for day and night time rabbit shooting. Was only retired after a PCP was obtained about 10 years later.

I was not aware that it was a direct copy of the Anschutz but certainly influenced by the German guns. At the time PCPs were a very expensive rarity, rifles with an integral multi pump power source impractical and spring power was still king. British manufacturers were falling behind the Germans and were probably destined to go the way of our car and motorbike industry. To me the Omega was an example of a British company taking their head out their arse and taking note of the better product that their foreign competitors were producing and was a genuine attempt to compete with them. It may not have been as refined as an HW80 but was certainly an improvement on the original Webley Vulcan that it replaced.

002.jpg

005.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2020 at 17:14, eastcoast said:

I have had this one since bought new in '80s. .22 with carbine barrel. Cost £99.99, I remember the price because my budget was £100 and a retailer in AW was doing a sleight discount on them and it came with the sling swivels fitted. It has been retired for many years now but was a very capable hunting rifle with enough power and accuracy for day and night time rabbit shooting. Was only retired after a PCP was obtained about 10 years later.

I was not aware that it was a direct copy of the Anschutz but certainly influenced by the German guns. At the time PCPs were a very expensive rarity, rifles with an integral multi pump power source impractical and spring power was still king. British manufacturers were falling behind the Germans and were probably destined to go the way of our car and motorbike industry. To me the Omega was an example of a British company taking their head out their arse and taking note of the better product that their foreign competitors were producing and was a genuine attempt to compete with them. It may not have been as refined as an HW80 but was certainly an improvement on the original Webley Vulcan that it replaced.

002.jpg

005.jpg

That’s a nice example eastcoast, looks like a lovely bit of nostalgia. I still have my mk1 Vulcan .177  that I had in 1979 when they first came out. It’s as snappy as hell to shoot, but still nudging 12 ft lbs. Always a blast from the past when I get it out.?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2020 at 17:14, eastcoast said:

002.jpg

005.jpg

Yes look at Anschutz 335 barrel latch etc supposed to be copied apparently while in search for rival to German stuff, great quality though ( and the Webely) 

download (8).jpg

• Like 2