9 hours ago, sid g said:

did you know dw ? 

No... But I know a few men from England who kept it and knew him well they also knew SE... I never rated any of the terriers from them lines except one DW X SE  black bitch but unfortunately she was dug to dead at the age of 5. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The more you head towards the bully type the further away you get from the worker.

Its the terrier game full stop Chesney, all bs,lies and jealousy 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I was talking breeders in general mate .I got  mine from Derrick pretty early on in his breeding so like to think it was his stuff .Heard stories since though that weren’t what you’d like to hear but only stories mind .
Seems to be the way to go to slag anyone that has anything of worth rather than take it for what it is .Nuttal being the exception .

Well I'm not slagging  anyone as I've said above I didn't know the man personally but I have dug over dogs direct from his yard... I have dug over a hell of a lot more stuff direct from nuttals yard.. And didn't know him either.  My terriers would have bull in there make up but not for over 40 years... But you can still see it in some pups 

There was lots of folks keeping them Wheeler things at one time... Fallen by the way side now.folks seem to have  moved onto other stuff.. There's better lines/families of dogs for consistent digging imo, . I know a few German lads who payed through the nose for Wheeler stuff a few yrs back..... Didn't work out for them when they mixed it up with what they already had?shame they had their pants pulled down by lieing robbing cnuts?Photo0196.jpg.2b937a81a1b038d62b7477f1e354aa87.jpg

• Sad 1

Not fallen by the wayside lol just absorbed into the black terriers we have now . There arnt many who can claim  they have kept anything pure from the original breeder .To many lads ,pats are just pats nowadays with no label just black terriers .Years back it was the norm to claim that this and that went back to x or y but nowadays that’s just mostly out the window I’d say .
My take on it is that Wheeler dogs were in part produced to meet the market at the time when big bone ,large heads were in fashion at a time when laws were much more relaxed than they are now .

If I had my time again I would stay away from them as the dog aggression ,looking back was just a royal pain in the arse .Still surfaces today but learnt to get on it before too much damage is done .

Unless sore as hell and knackered ,the first dog I had from him was an out and out c**t to keep and nowadays would be classed as a liability .Until I moved away from the blood later i never knew what a calm terrier was tbh .
Cant say the work suffered for it mind as I was young and keen and gave them as much as they could handle .
Id say the era of that type of terrier has well and truly gone tbh .

• Like 4
On 28/08/2020 at 16:00, foxdropper said:

Not fallen by the wayside lol just absorbed into the black terriers we have now . There arnt many who can claim  they have kept anything pure from the original breeder .To many lads ,pats are just pats nowadays with no label just black terriers .Years back it was the norm to claim that this and that went back to x or y but nowadays that’s just mostly out the window I’d say .
My take on it is that Wheeler dogs were in part produced to meet the market at the time when big bone ,large heads were in fashion at a time when laws were much more relaxed than they are now .

If I had my time again I would stay away from them as the dog aggression ,looking back was just a royal pain in the arse .Still surfaces today but learnt to get on it before too much damage is done .

Unless sore as hell and knackered ,the first dog I had from him was an out and out c**t to keep and nowadays would be classed as a liability .Until I moved away from the blood later i never knew what a calm terrier was tbh .
Cant say the work suffered for it mind as I was young and keen and gave them as much as they could handle .
Id say the era of that type of terrier has well and truly gone tbh .

Your definitely deluded if you think there isn't circle's of serious men who aren't let's say obsessed in the True linage and history of their terriers they keep where they came from and how their own particular terriers that they keep branched off certain ways by different men at certain times and even Now a days they will still know the true story of what's going on who's xs what... 

The terriers they produce will be an exact replica of the terriers from 50 to 60 years earlier why?? Because the people they get them off and the people they associate with will be certified.. They WON'T tell lies when it comes to maintaining that  history and the men that keep them live to work them terriers and help maintaining that same honesty and true history. 

And No money involved with the real men so no need to lie. 

Results Of honesty in tight honest circles... Well reared well bred pups, good bone and structure, good coats, great Jaws and well set thick teeth

Boisterous yet confident around there older uncles aunts, grandmother,  other dogs or in any situation there all easy to kennel Not dog aggressive ever but no slouch if switch is flicked... Great noses, self enter When ready but good men will know when and where... So when the roof does come in on them.. Not fizzled one bit. 

That churning out pups for candy and taking money from babies... Sounds like the circus sorry circle's your in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Read my post again mate .Just my take on ,no need to get arsey .You have jumped on the fact I say not many lads will have the real deal and I stand by that .Rest of your posts seems common sense and I wouldn’t expect much more from a well bred pup .As for circles I move in ,used to move in they were fine mate ,never sold a single terrier pup in my life .Can you say same ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Read my post again mate .Just my take on ,no need to get arsey .You have jumped on the fact I say not many lads will have the real deal and I stand by that .Rest of your posts seems common sense and I wouldn’t expect much more from a well bred pup .As for circles I move in ,used to move in they were fine mate ,never sold a single terrier pup in my life .Can you say same ?

I read it grassdropper.. Are you seriously going to act as if you know me? 

Or know anyone who does...  ?

• Like 1

Wtf .I don’t know you from Adam and I’ve only asked if you can say the same ffs .Get off your high horse and chill .

I suppose you think you are one of the elite tucked away over there in your bubble lol .Your stuff won’t be no different to anything else I’ve seen .

• Like 1
On 29/08/2020 at 21:58, stop.end said:

Your definitely deluded if you think there isn't circle's of serious men who aren't let's say obsessed in the True linage and history of their terriers they keep where they came from and how their own particular terriers that they keep branched off certain ways by different men at certain times and even Now a days they will still know the true story of what's going on who's xs what... 

The terriers they produce will be an exact replica of the terriers from 50 to 60 years earlier why?? Because the people they get them off and the people they associate with will be certified.. They WON'T tell lies when it comes to maintaining that  history and the men that keep them live to work them terriers and help maintaining that same honesty and true history. 

And No money involved with the real men so no need to lie. 

Results Of honesty in tight honest circles... Well reared well bred pups, good bone and structure, good coats, great Jaws and well set thick teeth

Boisterous yet confident around there older uncles aunts, grandmother,  other dogs or in any situation there all easy to kennel Not dog aggressive ever but no slouch if switch is flicked... Great noses, self enter When ready but good men will know when and where... So when the roof does come in on them.. Not fizzled one bit. 

That churning out pups for candy and taking money from babies... Sounds like the circus sorry circle's your in. 

This isn't still wheeler dogs and their owners you're still talking about though is it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1