Dog been a c**t

Have you got any other dogs living close to you? There’s not a bitch in season is there and he’s going back looking for a bitch. He might just be a fruity f****r and that my explain why he’s started going over to the other dogs also. Bitches in season can and will change a dogs behaviour when on heat even if the dog has experienced a mating or not.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 mon

Who ever is at the house needs to flog him so he fcuks off back to the golf course. ???

Don't let him ruin another outing or you can lose patience, take the buggar back to basics, back on his lead, recall training on long lead with treats etc, don't matter if he loses fitness it's summer

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 months old and had similar thing with him few weeks ago. Very obedient since the day I got him then out of the blue just starts f***ing off hunting up, ignoring me, running round me in circles etc, basically everything you described apart from running away home. I started taking him out first light somewhere theres no game, or other dogs to distract him, put GPS on him just Incase and went back to basics, find something he really likes (with mine it’s those little cocktail sausages ?) and do whistle recall training like you would with a puppy. A few weeks later and we’re back where we left off. He’ll probably have another little blip before September but I’ll just do the same again. I don’t tend to walk places I’ll see other people & dogs, I think it benefits the dogs training because they’re more focused on you, and it benefits me because I don’t really like people 

Very good  ? 

Must be bloody frustrating. Its happened to me recently with our 12 month old collie x dog variously refusing to return to the car when ferreting finished for the day, doing a runner when loading the car for ferreting and refusing to come back on other occasions . Two months of real frustration, he was great as a pup. I went right back to basics using high value treats like liver, calling in from short distance etc. Now at 18 months he's great but he really tested me. Good luck

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 months old and had similar thing with him few weeks ago. Very obedient since the day I got him then out of the blue just starts f***ing off hunting up, ignoring me, running round me in circles etc, basically everything you described apart from running away home. I started taking him out first light somewhere theres no game, or other dogs to distract him, put GPS on him just Incase and went back to basics, find something he really likes (with mine it’s those little cocktail sausages ?) and do whistle recall training like you would with a puppy. A few weeks later and we’re back where we left off. He’ll probably have another little blip before September but I’ll just do the same again. I don’t tend to walk places I’ll see other people & dogs, I think it benefits the dogs training because they’re more focused on you, and it benefits me because I don’t really like people 

( dont really like people )   haha   made me laugh that  lol , i ve deff  gone that way since this lock down, the greedy c**ts  stripping the shelves down , before the shops  stopped them , yep not a people person no more , a dog ok suppose  atleast it carnt talk to you, or give snide/ looks  and talk bull shit .  anyway regards the dog as long as it , dont kill sheep, or bite somebody , and  as long as it catches something , thats the only thing bother me  , the recall will get better  ,  you got all summer to bond to it, forget  quarry  plenty time for that .     plus    take them out on there own  , i had 2 brothers and it didnt work out they bonded to each other , got rid of one then   bingo  it worked    had him  near 13 years  this sep    (bryn )

• Like 2

Shock collar, fry the fuuckers balls ;)

I had this twat do it to me the other day in the mountains. I'm in my hammock, it's 7am and some people pass on the bridle path with their dog. Nob head strolls over, I called him, shouted him, kicked off at the cnut, nothing! Just fuucking blanked me... so I launched a rock at him ? He's 6 this August ?‍♂️

• Haha 4

Let him out this morning with other dog as no one in garden upto anything so straight upto me like nothing happend. His usual 6 laps round the garden . Just taken him for run. My son running me on the bike and done about 7k let him off in places and fine even when he stopped for a little mooch whenever I called well infact just a little whistle as that’s normally all it takes. I’m wandering also if it’s just sound of my voice when he frustrating me as like I say normally good and a whistle is all it takes but these times he’s completely blanked me I suppose I’ve had a growl to my tone as after 15/20 times of asking ? but surely he used to it as it’s the normal tone I’ll have with him if I he been a bit stubborn  and I don’t expect my dogs to be perfect I understand dogs sometimes come 10 ft into you then be a bit stubborn on first few calls For one reason or another like maybe they investigating something that intrigues them I can handle that as like I say not looking for perfection . Circling me and running home or if he went back to motor would be a no no. I’ll get him out with my other dog later and see how that goes

11 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Shock collar, fry the fuuckers balls ;)

I had this twat do it to me the other day in the mountains. I'm in my hammock, it's 7am and some people pass on the bridle path with their dog. Nob head strolls over, I called him, shouted him, kicked off at the cnut, nothing! Just fuucking blanked me... so I launched a rock at him ? He's 6 this August ?‍♂️

ya cant be doin that to a dog,  empty ya bladder over the varmint

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

ya cant be doin that to a dog,  empty ya bladder over the varmint

It's no secret my dog is a cnut but I'm no pissing on him mate. That's just wrong ?

They need a good slapping sometimes to get them out of their mindset at the time.I brought some new chickens and my old blue bitch (who never looks at the chooks) decided to make a meal of the new ones.I just held her and slapped her until she got out of her frenzy and she has never even looked at them again.If it's going to run home anyway,give it a good reason ?

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Haha 1

There alot of good answers on here.driving off has worked best for me

If none of these answers work next time he does it piss in his water bowl.sometimes young males are testing your dominance. Especially when the testosterone kicks in. Just my opinion .

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

There alot of good answers on here.driving off has worked best for me

If none of these answers work next time he does it piss in his water bowl.sometimes young males are testing your dominance. Especially when the testosterone kicks in. Just my opinion .

eh cum again, never heard that one before, do what mushroom suggests

15 hours ago, Igz said:

So then over the last 2 weeks my young dogs started to be a bit of a c**t. Stubborn, not listening and twice he’s run off home from the golf course a few minute walk from my house. Across a main A road this is. I think if it was busy and we wasn’t on lockdown I’m not sure he’d have made it home. Now I got this dog at around 13-14 weeks old and he’s now 18 months. Never had no problems really, quite responsive recall never a problem, I’ve spent a lot of time with this dog and there’s been loads of time and effort put into him but here’s the story. Out on our daily walk 10 days ago or around that time anyway feckers rolling round in fox shit so calling trying to get him to stop no response carries on carry on telling him still ignoring me. Walk over to him he gets up walks off circuling round me like I’m gonna hit him and just for the book I don’t hit my dogs. They may get a little tap and told no but that’s about it so it’s winding me up more knowing it’s not like he coming back to a hiding . Get down to my knees and start to call him in with that silly voice we use when there young, still fuckall. Start to walk off other way he turns round opposite way as if going home. A little gander around I realise bet he gone f***ing home. Gets home he there kids let him in front door even though we always go out back. Cheeky c**t ?. Again tonight, me and my son take a walk bump into other dogs ( males) won’t leave em alone won’t listen. Then see lad I know he got 2 male pugs. Same again won’t leave them alone standing over the one completely blanking me, on one knee calling still fuckall. Go over to put him on lead, walks away last second and looks at me as if to say f**k you im off home and just goes. It bothers me as this could cause problems round by me. There’s lots of roads and like I say if the road was busy he’d be lucky to still be here. I’m not irresponsible and if he was to cause an accident or something ya never know having kids I think of these things I’d feel gutted if a child was in car I don’t want to give up on this dog as like I said I’ve had plenty of enjoyment with him and he still only had a taste showing great promise but also can’t live with a dog that’s a funny f****r that could bring trouble to my door f***ing off when he thinks it’s ok, tonight he never even made it back before someone had him in the car and luckily I’d phoned my mrs to look for him out front and woman seen her looking as she driving up road. I’d never pass him on as I’ve had this dog out and about morealess ever day of his life since having him so couldn’t see him sat in a kennel just getting out two three times a week so if it doesn’t work for me that would be it and I know I’d only be passing on a dog that has faults and I don’t think he the kind of dog who would be happy as a pet. We’ve been to this golf course morealess every day since lockdown and we spend hour and a half to two hours there and we’ve done it the last ten days between the twice he’s f****d off on me. Is it his age and he just trying it, is he just immature but you wouldn’t say so if you seen him out he’s switched on putting his own stuff up. Like I say if he was a dog that got a belting I could understand and that’s the hard part for me is he just gonna carry on been a c**t. Anyone experienced this. Atb Igz

There's a few things happening mate.

1.hes just hit the rebel stage the same as a teenager going off the rails.

The old testosterone is kicking in.his head is a bit daft.

And 2. You ain't much fun while on a walk.hes seeking more stimulation elsewhere.

Obviously in the house you want them. and no doubt have him to shut off.and chill out.

But once out he needs to be excited and stimulated a bit.you need to be the 1 to give him all that.

Buy a tennis ball throw stick.no doubt you've got him to retrieve to hand or near to you.

Start using the stick in the garden get him used to the tennis ball.

Then take him over the golf course just him and you.no other distraction like another dog.

And have a few throws of the ball get him all excited before each throw and wait 5 or 10 seconds before throwing it.

Keep asking him were is it etc.so he's getting a good buzz before the ball is even thrown.once the ball is thrown his excitment and tension is realsed.then plenty of praise when he's coming back.

Obviously in this warm weather you can't do much with a throw stick.but you can still have a few throws.to get him excited.

When you call him to throw the ball hold the stick in the air above your head waving it about a bit.

Then he knows it's time for a throw.

After a while you won't even have to call him just hold the stick up and once he sees it.he will run back all excited.

He thinks he can have more fun on his own hence the wandering and ignoring you and basically going home by himself.

And take a little bottle of water to wet his tounge a few times.

Good luck..

31Ya8mYz6wL._AA300_.jpg.96a89f710d6c9f1c804c9eaa8dbf8260.jpg

• Like 2

Hummm...King's advice is spot on IF the dog is a natural retriever.  I have got one of those and I got him ball obsessed and it has really worked to keep him focused on me.  My other two will retrieve the ball once or twice perfectly, then pick up the ball and run off with it next time.  They don't seem to find balls as interesting as rabbits somehow and look at me as if I am daft to keep throwing the thing.  i have tried getting them worked up about it, short throws, rewards, nada.

• Like 1