Dog been a c**t

Was guna say that he prob just wants to be home with someone else in the family. If my kids take dog for a walk round block she pulls lead out there hand and runs home to me soon as our house is out of sight.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 mon

Who ever is at the house needs to flog him so he fcuks off back to the golf course. ???

Don't let him ruin another outing or you can lose patience, take the buggar back to basics, back on his lead, recall training on long lead with treats etc, don't matter if he loses fitness it's summer

Posted Images

Could be bored of going to the same spot doing the same routine daily obviously a pretty clever dog as he remembers his way home but the reason probably why he ain’t coming to you when called is you just ain’t no fun to him  Walking the same routine as horrible as that sounds more fun to be had at home with the kids 

This covid 19 social distancing is no good for dogs it’s completely changed all habits my young bitch as picked a nasty habit of barking at other dogs I’m there pulling her away to keep 2m apart that makes her think she’s got to run her mouth at them my dogs are usually very social dogs we meet an greet everyone but not no more even the older bitch as stated giving the odd bit of gob I had to use the batman voice!?

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

How is your bond with him are you his centre of attention or your family ? 

He out in kennel mate with my other runner. They in same kennel but that’s how they like it they do have there own beds and runs but always used to get in together so left it at that. No I wouldn’t say I’m his centre of attention as I’ll see them morning he can be left for few hours or all day before I see him next. Lately probably a bit more attention as we’re out in garden so I’ll let them out to chill with us. He does have lots of energy but like I say if there a day I don’t walk them I feel bad which not very often so I’ll be up early next morning to take them. He knows his place at home although he gets attention if he won’t settle I’ll tell him and hel go lye down: I’m still stern. I have to be 3 kids 3 dogs the mrs ya have to have some authority ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hullman said:

Was guna say that he prob just wants to be home with someone else in the family. If my kids take dog for a walk round block she pulls lead out there hand and runs home to me soon as our house is out of sight.

It’s me who he shows all the attention to at home though if it was my big dog I’d say yes maybe the kids but they have enough of the dogs after 20 mins anyway but our bonds good I’ll lye on grass it’s me who hel come to. Lye with or on me and just chill trying to dig his head into all these tight spots under my arms tucking his head in so I know it’s not the bond and know he knows he doesn’t need to be scared of me but you could be right but the time we go he also knows he be going back to go in his kennel as it will be around 9 and dark ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Could be bored of going to the same spot doing the same routine daily obviously a pretty clever dog as he remembers his way home but the reason probably why he ain’t coming to you when called is you just ain’t no fun to him  Walking the same routine as horrible as that sounds more fun to be had at home with the kids 

This covid 19 social distancing is no good for dogs it’s completely changed all habits my young bitch as picked a nasty habit of barking at other dogs I’m there pulling her away to keep 2m apart that makes her think she’s got to run her mouth at them my dogs are usually very social dogs we meet an greet everyone but not no more even the older bitch as stated giving the odd bit of gob I had to use the batman voice!?

Had thought he may just be board mate. Even on daytime mooches summer or not he used to seeing bits letting out frustration but it’s either high everywhere or I’m weary of going on certain local walks as I know how many people about and plenty of munty round by me and some places you can’t avoid them and we don’t want any accidents when I’ve got the local ramblers walking towards me. Never see a soul in these spots normally but it’s a nightmare lately. Think I’ll just get in truck tonmorow then he won’t know how to get home and if he start s to run back to motor then I know he f****d it ?. Took my mates bitch out one day on my own. Got where we were going walked down to spot I wanted to mooch and she f****d off back to motor. She ended up a jacker ?

3 hours ago, Igz said:

Had thought he may just be board mate. Even on daytime mooches summer or not he used to seeing bits letting out frustration but it’s either high everywhere or I’m weary of going on certain local walks as I know how many people about and plenty of munty round by me and some places you can’t avoid them and we don’t want any accidents when I’ve got the local ramblers walking towards me. Never see a soul in these spots normally but it’s a nightmare lately. Think I’ll just get in truck tonmorow then he won’t know how to get home and if he start s to run back to motor then I know he f****d it ?. Took my mates bitch out one day on my own. Got where we were going walked down to spot I wanted to mooch and she f****d off back to motor. She ended up a jacker ?

This kind of thing can become habit forming I've had it wi a dog years ago except he didn't go straight home liked 2 go dustbin coursing on route the c**t  he was frit of cats tho which kep us out some trouble 

Anyroad I should try break the habit before it starts keep the fecker on lead all summer if needs be 

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 months old and had similar thing with him few weeks ago. Very obedient since the day I got him then out of the blue just starts f***ing off hunting up, ignoring me, running round me in circles etc, basically everything you described apart from running away home. I started taking him out first light somewhere theres no game, or other dogs to distract him, put GPS on him just Incase and went back to basics, find something he really likes (with mine it’s those little cocktail sausages ?) and do whistle recall training like you would with a puppy. A few weeks later and we’re back where we left off. He’ll probably have another little blip before September but I’ll just do the same again. I don’t tend to walk places I’ll see other people & dogs, I think it benefits the dogs training because they’re more focused on you, and it benefits me because I don’t really like people 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 7
50 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 months old and had similar thing with him few weeks ago. Very obedient since the day I got him then out of the blue just starts f***ing off hunting up, ignoring me, running round me in circles etc, basically everything you described apart from running away home. I started taking him out first light somewhere theres no game, or other dogs to distract him, put GPS on him just Incase and went back to basics, find something he really likes (with mine it’s those little cocktail sausages ?) and do whistle recall training like you would with a puppy. A few weeks later and we’re back where we left off. He’ll probably have another little blip before September but I’ll just do the same again. I don’t tend to walk places I’ll see other people & dogs, I think it benefits the dogs training because they’re more focused on you, and it benefits me because I don’t really like people 

Think you may be right and just him trying it with his age. Like my pal said to me he’s at that stage where he trying it on. Normally I never bump into many people spots I go but it’s just since this lockdown. Think I’ll try him on a lead over next few weeks and see what happens. Like I say it’s weird as after the first time he done it we were back out doing the same walk for 10-12 days before he done it again and no signs of anything. Oh well wel see what happens over time. I’ll be gutted if it doesn’t work out as towards end of season he showed good signs. Like you say I’ll put the gps on just incase. Might start doing a few 5 in the morning walks when no one around for them first couple of hours light. I’ll do what it takes to try make him come good . Thanks for replies Atb Igz

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, oddser said:

Dog knows you are soft touch got to totally ignore dog don't stroke or talk to him try this for 3 weeks he will be ok 

Ffs mate I’d find that quite easy with the mrs but not my dogs ?. That’s what I’ve done both times when I’ve got back from him doing it just closed kennel and locked it. Didn’t go back out there and feed him till half 11 last night and normally fed soon as back just to try let him know. 

14 minutes ago, Igz said:

Think you may be right and just him trying it with his age. Like my pal said to me he’s at that stage where he trying it on. Normally I never bump into many people spots I go but it’s just since this lockdown. Think I’ll try him on a lead over next few weeks and see what happens. Like I say it’s weird as after the first time he done it we were back out doing the same walk for 10-12 days before he done it again and no signs of anything. Oh well wel see what happens over time. I’ll be gutted if it doesn’t work out as towards end of season he showed good signs. Like you say I’ll put the gps on just incase. Might start doing a few 5 in the morning walks when no one around for them first couple of hours light. I’ll do what it takes to try make him come good . Thanks for replies Atb Igz

That’s what I do, out at 5am when there’s nobody about seems to work wonders with no distractions. That’s all it will be just trying it on to see what he can get away with, I wouldn’t keep him on a lead for weeks on end mind you, cause when you eventually let him off he’ll be hyper active and less responsive to training. Just find something he really likes and go back to basics he’ll be sound

Edited by Shadow100
4 minutes ago, Igz said:

Ffs mate I’d find that quite easy with the mrs but not my dogs ?. That’s what I’ve done both times when I’ve got back from him doing it just closed kennel and locked it. Didn’t go back out there and feed him till half 11 last night and normally fed soon as back just to try let him know. 

Can take few weeks before he gets the message