Dog been a c**t

So then over the last 2 weeks my young dogs started to be a bit of a c**t. Stubborn, not listening and twice he’s run off home from the golf course a few minute walk from my house. Across a main A road this is. I think if it was busy and we wasn’t on lockdown I’m not sure he’d have made it home. Now I got this dog at around 13-14 weeks old and he’s now 18 months. Never had no problems really, quite responsive recall never a problem, I’ve spent a lot of time with this dog and there’s been loads of time and effort put into him but here’s the story. Out on our daily walk 10 days ago or around that time anyway feckers rolling round in fox shit so calling trying to get him to stop no response carries on carry on telling him still ignoring me. Walk over to him he gets up walks off circuling round me like I’m gonna hit him and just for the book I don’t hit my dogs. They may get a little tap and told no but that’s about it so it’s winding me up more knowing it’s not like he coming back to a hiding . Get down to my knees and start to call him in with that silly voice we use when there young, still fuckall. Start to walk off other way he turns round opposite way as if going home. A little gander around I realise bet he gone f***ing home. Gets home he there kids let him in front door even though we always go out back. Cheeky c**t ?. Again tonight, me and my son take a walk bump into other dogs ( males) won’t leave em alone won’t listen. Then see lad I know he got 2 male pugs. Same again won’t leave them alone standing over the one completely blanking me, on one knee calling still fuckall. Go over to put him on lead, walks away last second and looks at me as if to say f**k you im off home and just goes. It bothers me as this could cause problems round by me. There’s lots of roads and like I say if the road was busy he’d be lucky to still be here. I’m not irresponsible and if he was to cause an accident or something ya never know having kids I think of these things I’d feel gutted if a child was in car I don’t want to give up on this dog as like I said I’ve had plenty of enjoyment with him and he still only had a taste showing great promise but also can’t live with a dog that’s a funny f****r that could bring trouble to my door f***ing off when he thinks it’s ok, tonight he never even made it back before someone had him in the car and luckily I’d phoned my mrs to look for him out front and woman seen her looking as she driving up road. I’d never pass him on as I’ve had this dog out and about morealess ever day of his life since having him so couldn’t see him sat in a kennel just getting out two three times a week so if it doesn’t work for me that would be it and I know I’d only be passing on a dog that has faults and I don’t think he the kind of dog who would be happy as a pet. We’ve been to this golf course morealess every day since lockdown and we spend hour and a half to two hours there and we’ve done it the last ten days between the twice he’s f****d off on me. Is it his age and he just trying it, is he just immature but you wouldn’t say so if you seen him out he’s switched on putting his own stuff up. Like I say if he was a dog that got a belting I could understand and that’s the hard part for me is he just gonna carry on been a c**t. Anyone experienced this. Atb Igz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 mon

Who ever is at the house needs to flog him so he fcuks off back to the golf course. ???

Don't let him ruin another outing or you can lose patience, take the buggar back to basics, back on his lead, recall training on long lead with treats etc, don't matter if he loses fitness it's summer

Posted Images

Not experienced that behaviour myself but maybe just keep him on lead for a while while walking him. Dont know what his breeding is but may just be his hormones etc. Hope you get it sorted bud. Atb

• Like 1

I’ve thought about keeping him on a lead when getting back tonight but like I say we have been over there doing the same day in day out for weeks. Last time over a week ago then no problems since then until tonight. It’s weird but very frustrating ?

I’ve been thinking maybe it’s as he not getting enough exercise as like I say he only getting 2 hours a day max. It’s hard to spend much more time out than that at moment when I’m leaving the mrs at home with 3 kids and I do tell her when seasons over I’ll be chilling but 2 hours a day to me is just a little walk. This was his first season and like I say he used to been out most days and nights working for 3,4,5 hours a time and having to put a shift in. I let him out kennel in day to have run of garden if kids not playing or at least a couple hours in the morning then walks on evening so not like he couped up. Fed the best grub. There kennels as good as my house. Dogs I suppose 

4 minutes ago, NE_Monkey said:

It's you that's the problem then, you keeping walking off when he's trying to take you home ?

b*****d he is wed only been out 20 mins. Right fecked my peaceful time out up ?

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Wrong time of year but work would sort em out. 

I know mate it’s like I wound him up him having a triple on his last outing Of season  ?. Normally see a few bits but it’s been scarce since all the walkers out. I’ve walked that golf course with all my dogs over last 8 years and only ever seen 1 walker and that was a fella with a spaniel at 5 in morning.That’s Reason I Use it.Used it cuz my staff a f****r with other dogs unless introduced and I see at least 3-4 a time when I go since lockdown so can’t take him there now.See a couple of rabbits sat on egde is about best I get. Will give him a go on lead but not my type of fun having to walk a dog on a leash especially with no busher . Won’t stay fit walking next to me ?. Sure hel come good it don’t seem as bad now I’ve had a smoke ?

7 minutes ago, Igz said:

b*****d he is wed only been out 20 mins. Right fecked my peaceful time out up ?

Don't let him ruin another outing or you can lose patience, take the buggar back to basics, back on his lead, recall training on long lead with treats etc, don't matter if he loses fitness it's summer.

Atb

• Like 4