I went to check some ground on an estate I had not visited for several weeks and was met with far from so called lock down measures!

Ramblers everywhere! Some obviously not from the same household too! Dogs running wild. The air was filled with barking dogs and the gay abandonment of a people completely out of tune with their surroundings!

I found pheasants cowering in corners of fields trying to conceal them selves from marauding dogs and their indifferent owners!

I thought to myself how much I long for the " lock down" to end so all the trinket shop's and cafe's can reopen at the established "beauty" spots up and down the country to get rid of these bloody idiots!

Eventually I found some peaceful ground and soothed myself stalking rabbits. I brought along a gun, a flintlock, I thought how cool it would look should the swat team arrive to answer a phone call from a vegan about a nasty gun man on the loose to only find an old man and his flintlock!

I found evidence of fox predation and sadly not many rabbits. I found a buck and doe and made a successful stalk of it and got the buck.

IMG_20200503_194832350.jpg.00d969b328b359dd6c85f8b657373657.jpg

I remember seeing a spark and flash and bang all what seemed at the same time. It has a fast lock for such a large lock.

Eventually as evening fell the sound of dogs and loud mouthed ramblers subsided so I climbed some high ground and enjoyed the view......quietly!

IMG_20200503_195848538.jpg.dda656ad3c2d4a43995413598b298b22.jpg

SD.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

That’s looks just where you would want to be if it was not full of wildlife botherers letting their wild beasts run free, fingers crossed this madness ends soon and they can sod off back to work and their can’t be arsed to take the dog out attitude 

• Like 2

I'm dreading my return to the farm ,il spend the first 3 or 4 visits cleaning dog muck off my boots. 

Lazy,dirty ignorant swines who don't care will also fill the trees with little parcels :censored:

Great write up as per SD and a fabulous view good for the soul and sanity 

• Thanks 1

Pity the farmer hasn't got a bird scaring canon. That would soon get rid of those ramblers looking for peace and quiet if you set it to fire every 2 mins.

Another way would have been a Ghetto blaster and some obnoxious loud music. Remember next time you go out, forget the fox caller and take the Ghetto with you.

Maybe you need to invite these guys along with you with for socially distanced fox calling. BTW is that you on the bike at 52 secs and again at 1 min 21sec? Looks very cool. Just add a gun and you have an armoured vehicle.

Edited by Alsone
1 hour ago, Alsone said:

Pity the farmer hasn't got a bird scaring canon. That would soon get rid of those ramblers looking for peace and quiet if you set it to fire every 2 mins.

Another way would have been a Ghetto blaster and some obnoxious loud music. Remember next time you go out, forget the fox caller and take the Ghetto with you.

Maybe you need to invite these guys along with you with for socially distanced fox calling. BTW is that you on the bike at 52 secs and again at 1 min 21sec? Looks very cool. Just add a gun and you have an armoured vehicle.

Now I am really worried for you ☹️

• Haha 1