Electric push bike

29 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't you think they are defeating the purpose of a bicycle? 

Not really if the purpose of a bicycle is to get you from A to B  ...

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Not really if the purpose of a bicycle is to get you from A to B  ...

Good point,  especially if you're wanting a bit of exercise whilst on the commute to work or if you can't afford a car. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Good point,  especially if you're wanting a bit of exercise whilst on the commute to work or if you can't afford a car. 

Also in these eco conscious times they certainly have a part to play ,I'd use one myself for my daily commute , I enjoy riding my mountain bike in my free time but my work is uphill all the way with a couple of quite steep long climbs,  I'd be fekt by the time I get to work and then have to start a days graft , if an electrical bike took the sting out the hills then I'm all for it for a daily commute, it's got to be healthier and more eco friendly than the car not to mention  fuel and wear and tear costs on the car,  I'm quite interested in one for these reasons. 

Picture is at the top near work I live 8 miles down there lol

_20180618_165502.JPG

• Like 4
10 hours ago, kanny said:

There's lots of factors that 

Bad wording on my part. In your particular circumstances, and anyone else that may have one, what kind of range are you getting commuting wise.

I understand that there are a lot of variables, just curious as to how it's factoring in to overall transportation. :thumbs:

7 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Bad wording on my part. In your particular circumstances, and anyone else that may have one, what kind of range are you getting commuting wise.

I understand that there are a lot of variables, just curious as to how it's factoring in to overall transportation. :thumbs:

On that bike of my Brother in Laws I put up in Eco mode recons could get 60 miles in Turbo Mode 25 miles thats with 500 Watt battery. This could vary depending on weight and terrain.

I don't know if this will help Brother in Law sent this link.

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/range-assistant/

He's gone off on one now asked him for a bit of info now sending all sorts. He rates these bikes.

https://www.cube.eu/en/2020/e-bikes/mountainbike/

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Arry said:

On that bike of my Brother in Laws I put up in Eco mode recons could get 60 miles in Turbo Mode 25 miles thats with 500 Watt battery. This could vary depending on weight and terrain.

I currently live 30 miles from the city so something like this wouldn't really work for me with the current technology but it could be viable in the future as this develops. The commute in would be easy but the return trip has a 2500ft incline into the mountains. That would be quite the challenge for the current gear!

Thanks for the links! :thumbs:

• Like 1