• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought process of well we just have what we need they won't take those is where the problem begins. Because slowly but surely after that first in final jump they will slowly take away everything

alaska is part of america mate   i am pissed off and 1.2million canucks are too fck this liberal government fck em

You're welcome to come to Dixie Mr Newgent.We could use more like you instead of the liberals who are moving here from California because there city is to bad and our local economy is strong.They move

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Your welcome too. I can teach you to chew tobacco You must bring your own guns and a trump flag. The term redneck came from the coalmines as the workers wore them.I tried to search on internet for definition of black neck and some horrible things popped up on the screen.Lost my supper.

I was always under the impression the term redneck came from southern farmers bent over working in the hot sun....or have i dreamed that up from somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

then again reading this there a lot of different stories but it makes sense that it was a show of solidarity turned in to derogatory slang. I like the the term personally.... https://slate.com/culture/2019/12/redneck-origin-definition-union-uprising-south.html

Interesting that cheers :thumbs:......ive just remembered where id had the idea that it was hot sun on the back of the neck it was the old Texas dog man Don Mayfield.....i was always a little bit impressionable to things he said ?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Balaur said:

then again reading this there a lot of different stories but it makes sense that it was a show of solidarity turned in to derogatory slang. I like the the term personally.... https://slate.com/culture/2019/12/redneck-origin-definition-union-uprising-south.html

Thanks this where most historians believe it came from.The battle of Blair mountain.Their has been white slaves aross Dixie in different forms. These people endured hell.My grandparents lived through those times. 

20 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Interesting that cheers :thumbs:......ive just remembered where id had the idea that it was hot sun on the back of the neck it was the old Texas dog man Don Mayfield.....i was always a little bit impressionable to things he said ?

Pure bred men keep outcross dogs and outcross men keep purebred dogs DM ?

23 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks this where most historians believe it came from.The battle of Blair mountain.Their has been white slaves aross Dixie in different forms. These people endured hell.My grandparents lived through those times. 

Pure bred men keep outcross dogs and outcross men keep purebred dogs DM ?

Never mind all that he made a lot of sense once you worked out what he was talking about ?

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Serious question. . . . . . why is it that the yanks believe they really need machine guns? Other than the fact that everyone else has machine guns. . . . . . . 

Im sorry but I've always found it concerning when I hear about angry, slightly confused people toting machine guns. . . . . . . 

5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Serious question. . . . . . why is it that the yanks believe they really need machine guns? Other than the fact that everyone else has machine guns. . . . . . . 

Im sorry but I've always found it concerning when I hear about angry, slightly confused people toting machine guns. . . . . . .

They don't believe they really need them but they believe they have the right to own them.

The second amendment spawned from the revolutionary war where they fought off the British soldiers and went from colony to independent nation. It persists because it's a right not a privilege.

Not sure how it differs in Canada. I'm sure Ted has a better idea but this latest round of aggro is troubling from a civil liberties perspective.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

They don't believe they really need them but they believe they have the right to own them.

The second amendment spawned from the revolutionary war where they fought off the British soldiers and went from colony to independent nation. It persists because it's a right not a privilege.

Not sure how it differs in Canada. I'm sure Ted has a better idea but this latest round of aggro is troubling from a civil liberties perspective.

we have no 2nd amendment here,no property rights,no nothing to be honest.

owning a firearm in canada is a privilege

6 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

what are you classing as a machine gun?

2 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

what are you classing as a machine gun?

I was curious about that too. Down here "machine guns" are Title 2 firearms that require an expensive federal permit. They're not commonly owned due to the cost of the federal permit.

Many Brit shooters might be surprised to know that suppressors are subject to regulation and also require federal paperwork.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Anyone ever pointed out that all rights come with responsibility’s. Often folk are very vocal about the former but less so about the latter! 

All the time, mate. I'm pretty fond of saying that "You have the right to be armed, but the duty to be trained" when we're doing firearms training or speaking about it generally. Either way the responsibility doesn't negate the right in any circumstance. In this thread about the shooting the criminal use of firearms has been used as the basis for what will become some of Canada's most draconian firearms legislation if it sticks. Numerous laws were broken throughout and the most poignant now is that this bloke obtained all the firearms that he used to commit the crime illegally. How do you pass laws that make something even more illegal than that? If he wasn't following the laws in the first place what will passing them do to prevent the next one? Or the one after that?

When I moved over here (US) I had my eyes opened to a fundamentally different approach to a lot of things that were unheard of in Britain. The bombardment of disinformation about American society from British media is incorrect at best. Outright lies at the most common. The establishment of these varying rights is the foundation of society whereas in Britain they're classed as privileges and granted or removed according to whoever thinks that safety trumps liberty.

Fact is you probably live nearer to New York than I do. The country is so vast and diverse from terrain to climate and from people to opinion. You rarely hear what normal people do and mainly get a snap shot of an incident that it used to generate some kind of revenue for whoever is posting it.

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo