57 out ..................... 99 in

26 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yer, cs700 from custom stocks, Sheffield ?

That could be on my wish list.......................................................where is the lotto Trish, I feel the need ?

Phil

• Haha 2

This one of mine phil that came from si is doing 11.2 with aa fields and from a rested position did a bottle cap at 73 yards and has put the lights out on loads of rabbits between 30 and 60 odd pal. Its shooting as good now if not better than when Si sent it and i have never had it apart. Youd have to pry this from my very cold dead hands. Its coming with me in me box when im done??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say Matt that Si told me about your gun and what it was able to do in your hands which was a big factor in buying this gun along with Si's own experience of course.  I know it is very early days but I really like this little gun, it's early performance has really sparked my interest in springers again and might even use it on some perms. I bought a springer to pass time during the lockdown as I thought it would be a challenge whereas the Impact .25 fac is a little overgunned in my cottage garden but this is just nice. Having heard the various comments regarding .22 calibre 99, I might at some later stage go for one of those.

I now want to get into the range at my RFD's which is 25mt to extend the distance a little and carry out pellet testing although when allowed, I will be in my quarry perm out of any wind where we have range markers set out to 115mts but I will be more than happy to produce some decent groups at 40mts then worry about going further out when I am proficient enough.  I have half a tim of AA Express which were superb in my old TX but I never used them on live quarry in that gun but on the range they were spot on.  For the moment I will stick with the JSB Exacts as I have a few tins to keep me occupied over the coming days weeks.

Phil

• Like 2
2 hours ago, philpot said:

I have to say Matt that Si told me about your gun and what it was able to do in your hands which was a big factor in buying this gun along with Si's own experience of course.  I know it is very early days but I really like this little gun, it's early performance has really sparked my interest in springers again and might even use it on some perms. I bought a springer to pass time during the lockdown as I thought it would be a challenge whereas the Impact .25 fac is a little overgunned in my cottage garden but this is just nice. Having heard the various comments regarding .22 calibre 99, I might at some later stage go for one of those.

I now want to get into the range at my RFD's which is 25mt to extend the distance a little and carry out pellet testing although when allowed, I will be in my quarry perm out of any wind where we have range markers set out to 115mts but I will be more than happy to produce some decent groups at 40mts then worry about going further out when I am proficient enough.  I have half a tim of AA Express which were superb in my old TX but I never used them on live quarry in that gun but on the range they were spot on.  For the moment I will stick with the JSB Exacts as I have a few tins to keep me occupied over the coming days weeks.

Phil

Mine doesn’t like the express Phil, but prefers hobby and rws Superdomes. With the right pellets, yours should shoot well at 40 yards no problem. I regularly plink with mine out to 50 yards, sometimes 60 with good results. When it’s tuned you’ll be well pleased with it I’m sure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Another couple of other ideas as well. I fitted a rowan extra set back trigger and oversized safety button on mine which added to the refinement a little.

3452B1A8-B745-468A-8E99-4FD57090F11E.jpeg

1586D0BE-CB96-4B05-87E9-EABC5E2991EF.jpeg

Looks well DB and I like the trigger.

Phil

• Like 1

Just had half an hour before the rain came back as I wanted to make a slight adjustment of the scope vertical turret to try to get a tighter group, I really like this rifle. A five shot group after a couple of clicks adjustment.

DSCF3627_zpsajuef2n0.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

Yep, it’s a tight group alright Phil ?. They really are a cracking little rifle. I can’t think of any other air rifle that comes close really at that price point, but if anybody on here can recommend a contender, I’d like to know what it is so that I can have a look at one.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, philpot said:

Just had half an hour before the rain came back as I wanted to make a slight adjustment of the scope vertical turret to try to get a tighter group, I really like this rifle. A five shot group after a couple of clicks adjustment.

DSCF3627_zpsajuef2n0.jpg

Phil

Nowt wrong with that phil???

• Thanks 1
On 03/05/2020 at 20:20, mattwhite said:

Nowt wrong with that phil???

I might bring it over to Anglesey next time Matt. We came over and stayed at the Bulkeley Hotel in Beaumaris a few weeks before Covid hit our shores and promised ourselves we would come back in Sept / Oct and do a bit of sea fishing but in all honesty, I think we will not be going anywhere this year.

Phil

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philpot said:

I might bring it over to Anglesey next time Matt. We came over and stayed at the Bulkeley Hotel in Beaumaris a few weeks before Covid hit our shores and promised ourselves we would come back in Sept / Oct and do a bit of sea fishing but in all honesty, I think we will not be going anywhere this year.

Phil

You are more than welcome to come and fill your game bag on my perms when you do pal?

• Thanks 1