Any musician's here...

16 minutes ago, M0SAD said:

Sometimes it's the teacher not the student as it were, just learning a few chords and learning to play a well known basic song is enough to instil confidence in people, like "Wonderwall" by Oasis...only a few chords and well known enough to mimic. Give it another go Gnash. 

Good advice mate,

I'm certainly no natural musician, but grafted to be able to play a bit... wrote a lot of songs and played some good events, festivals etc.... it was a great time, best buzz in the world when its going well..... feel like a c**t when it's not!! lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to know a girl that was excellent on the skin flute                                       So

Back at it as soon as lockdown is over guys  

Im a triangle player in a reggae band I just stand at the back n ting..     Was in a band until not that long ago. We werent much cop tbh.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, M0SAD said:

Sometimes it's the teacher not the student as it were, just learning a few chords and learning to play a well known basic song is enough to instil confidence in people, like "Wonderwall" by Oasis...only a few chords and well known enough to mimic. Give it another go Gnash. 

It wasnt the teacher mate trust me ?

Im just not musically minded and all fingers and thumbs etc....i thought the 4 strings might give me half a chance but no....pathetic.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Was in a band for nearly 20 years.... shame life got in the way..

This is back when I had big hair and could strum a little!!! lol

sob3_zps8dd00451.jpg

sobpic_zps11f0e221.jpg

sobpic2_zpse5e896ad.jpg

sob4_zps9d8ae091.jpg

Absolutely excellent Newkid :) 

• Thanks 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

It wasnt the teacher mate trust me ?

Im just not musically minded and all fingers and thumbs etc....i thought the 4 strings might give me half a chance but no....pathetic.

Well, if you like listening to it then thats enough i guess, try vocals instead maybe...every band needs a frontman :) 

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Was in a band for nearly 20 years.... shame life got in the way..

This is back when I had big hair and could strum a little!!! lol

sob3_zps8dd00451.jpg

sobpic_zps11f0e221.jpg

sobpic2_zpse5e896ad.jpg

sob4_zps9d8ae091.jpg

You are living the dream there mate.

Fair play ?

• Like 2

Id give anything to learn the guitar,or harmonica,but i just cant get it,i cant move my fingers in all differnt directions,up,down,back,forward and strum with other hand.fookin impossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Qbgrey said:

Id give anything to learn the guitar,or harmonica,but i just cant get it,i cant move my fingers in all differnt directions,up,down,back,forward and strum with other hand.fookin impossible.

Get on the microphone mate :)

3 minutes ago, M0SAD said:

Get on the microphone mate :)

Love to,but i honestly am the greatest guitar lover in the world,with absolutely no rhythm,co,ordination,and a voice like dog shit.love heavy metal,rock,blues,etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Qbgrey said:

Love to,but i honestly am the greatest guitar lover in the world,with absolutely no rhythm,co,ordination,and a voice like dog shit.love heavy metal,rock,blues,etc

Stage presence carries it fella, plenty of vocalists have been shit but have had a message to get out and been successful doing it....can't knock your taste in music at all though :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

I even got a 1947 chevy 3100 stepside for the festivals,local music events.pull in like a real hill billy.next motar is 69 charger coming soon

Loving that, proper way to turn up at a festival...for me it's always been rattling around in the back of a transit or big Bedford tucked in between amps and drums etc...much more preferable your way of transport mate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have the most greatest respect for the bands,my mate plays in one,and when i go along to a gig im totally in respect of these guys that can turn out,iron maiden,acdc,wildhearts,thin lizzy,panterra,motorhead, etc

• Thanks 1