Tips of my dogs ears

Mine had similar on the inside of the tips of the ears, hair falling out, irritation and crusty skin. I ended up taking her to the vet who scraped some of the crusty skin and checked it under the microscope to check for mange mites but couldn't find any. They prescribed nexgard spectra, an internal and external parasite treatment and it looks to have cleared up after a couple of months. However, I'm not sure it was a parasite and suspect it was some sort of irritation that cleared up by itself. I feed good quality raw and the dog is normally very healthy (apart from running injuries) but she hasn't looked that clever since giving these once a month parasite tablets, bringing up iffy looking bile and sh1t too sloppy. 

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

Mine had similar on the inside of the tips of the ears, hair falling out, irritation and crusty skin. I ended up taking her to the vet who scraped some of the crusty skin and checked it under the microscope to check for mange mites but couldn't find any. They prescribed nexgard spectra, an internal and external parasite treatment and it looks to have cleared up after a couple of months. However, I'm not sure it was a parasite and suspect it was some sort of irritation that cleared up by itself. I feed good quality raw and the dog is normally very healthy (apart from running injuries) but she hasn't looked that clever since giving these once a month parasite tablets, bringing up iffy looking bile and sh1t too sloppy. 

Meks u wonder about these vets sometimes 

Had 1 last week ask me how I thought we should treat my dog ffs felt like sending them a invoice 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Black neck said:

Meks u wonder about these vets sometimes 

Had 1 last week ask me how I thought we should treat my dog ffs felt like sending them a invoice 

Can beat that one was looking on a tablet for symptom's an picture's didn't have a clue at time 36 bar conciliation fee . f***ing dogs was shitting blood for a week. Turned out it was a peace of sharp lamb bone that was stuck up his jacksi ??. Poor c**t used to be there for a good 10 min's after shitting squat lol 

• Like 1