Tips of my dogs ears

Any of you guy's on here might know or had the same thing happen to your dog. The hound has hair coming away on the ends of his ears. Am thinking about taking him to vets but if it's curable without vets an you guys can enlighten me would be much appreciated. I've had him around plenty of harvest fields like oil seed rape flowering in the past few weeks in and out of cover in the woods around me long grass. Thanks for reading 

3 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Any of you guy's on here might know or had the same thing happen to your dog. The hound has hair coming away on the ends of his ears. Am thinking about taking him to vets but if it's curable without vets an you guys can enlighten me would be much appreciated. I've had him around plenty of harvest fields like oil seed rape flowering in the past few weeks in and out of cover in the woods around me long grass. Thanks for reading 

put a pic up mate?

3 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Rape fields are b...ard got loads.by me and bitch loses it around the eyes so if it from the rape dont worry to much about it as it will come. Back  best thing is try n keep them out the rape ?

Don't know about the irritation from  crops but my whippet had similar when I was feeding her just rabbit and roo.She also had a lot of dandruff.I started feeding more chicken  and eggs as I moved to a farm and it cleared up but she is slightly heavier with more fat in her diet.

1 minute ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Might be some type a mite. Is it red inside the ear Is he scrathing it much. Just had a terrier here about 3 years ago with something similar on his ear twas sometype a mite. 

Well that's what I thought it might of been. It's a bit like when your kennelling a dog out side in summer an the poor b*****d gets biten by flys on ears. I've got some mite stuff here what I use for birds kills ever mite. It's called s76 made by Dr rob Marshall  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Well that's what I thought it might of been. It's a bit like when your kennelling a dog out side in summer an the poor b*****d gets biten by flys on ears. I've got some mite stuff here what I use for birds kills ever mite. It's called s76 made by Dr rob Marshall  

Can't remember what the vet gave me I'm sure some cream sorted it out, but he did say it could have progressed if I didn't get him sorted. I also heard apple cider vinegar can kill mites depending which type I would imagine that's a trial and error case. Hope your hound comes good with what you've got because vet bills if they can be avoided you are much better off. They can turn a simple job into a big one.

2 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Can't remember what the vet gave me I'm sure some cream sorted it out, but he did say it could have progressed if I didn't get him sorted. I also heard apple cider vinegar can kill mites depending which type I would imagine that's a trial and error case. Hope your hound comes good with what you've got because vet bills if they can be avoided you are much better off. They can turn a simple job into a big one.

So true a don't know who's worse dentists or vet's lol cheers pal Al have ago. I got told washing up liquid  too belive it or  not. 

• Like 1

Just bell vets ask for advocate sort any mite out

if not going to vets ivermectin or benzo benzoate both will work 

but best option is vets buy 4 advocate 4 tape wormers do every 3 month you’ll be good all year 

Edited by mC HULL

Looks like mites. A sprinkle of Thornit powder dropped in the ear and rubbed on the edges and tips will work, advocate but that's  prescription or if no collie in the mix an ivermectin jab then another in 2 weeks if you can get hold of some.

15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Just bell vets ask for advocate sort any mite out

if not going to vets ivermectin or benzo benzoate both will work 

but best option is vets buy 4 advocate 4 tape wormers do every 3 month you’ll be good all year 

Cheers pal I use milbimax which does all worms an front line. 

Might work on fleas mate but bad flea infestation spot on useless really and mites mange it won’t do nothing for but if you use advocate and a droncit tablet then your good for fleas worms mange ear mite works on just about everything it’ll clear that up on your dog straight away mate

vets will say skin scape see what it is earn on you but if you go in weigh dog buy advocate and droncit it will be 15 quid 

some black that have dilute blue it comes on with them it’s hereditary but advocate will even help with that 

• Like 1