Breaking ranks

Recently the road has been very quiet  however Over the weekend It was really hot and it was noticeable that there was a massive increase of what looked like joy riding journey traffic.   The woman next door and her bloke said that they were off to get some largers.!  err she meant shopping,  essential shopping. If we have a hot summer and this goes on a long time the gov will have a job keeping this together. There is a balance between the economy and the loss.  I .cant see many shop type businesses surviving in any form.  A lot were hanging on by their finger tips in normal times who is going to want to go into shops or resturants when the other customers are close.  What bar or restaurant can separate by two mtrs  even walking by your table. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not a clever bloke but from what I can see of it all the answers people “need” are right there..... There is no vaccine It is randomly absolutely lethal, nobody is in the safe category

That’s another thing lads, people need to stop thinking of a bit of help as a handout......it’s not a handout, it’s a hand back ! Nobody is getting anything they have not already paid in by the s

I can understand both sides of the debate here, people are gonna loose everything they've worked hard for because of the lock down and without the lock down people are gonna loose their lives, my own

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Meece said:

Recently the road has been very quiet  however Over the weekend It was really hot and it was noticeable that there was a massive increase of what looked like joy riding journey traffic.   The woman next door and her bloke said that they were off to get some largers.!  err she meant shopping,  essential shopping. If we have a hot summer and this goes on a long time the gov will have a job keeping this together. There is a balance between the economy and the loss.  I .cant see many shop type businesses surviving in any form.  A lot were hanging on by their finger tips in normal times who is going to want to go into shops or resturants when the other customers are close.  What bar or restaurant can separate by two mtrs  even walking by your table. 

Only last weekend, there was day tripers caught on the beach beside me. One from the city 55 plus miles away, the other 30 odd miles . No wonder they can't stop or slow down the spread.

Atb j 

It just seemed like when B&Q opened their doors and other building merchants ect started to open the doors that it was like a false start.  Everyone made a rush for it. I've heard of a firm that has furlowed  its employees but they are all working and they have been told that if anyone opens their mouth they're all out on their ear.  Either this will blow over or we are in for a second spike and a lot of deaths. What gets me is that some countries don't seem to report any deaths or very few.? What about the refugee camps or the townships

Edited by Meece

Main roads are twice as busy this week than last. Been to lot of people going back to work and just traveling around it's all beginning to slip. I fear that this will come back in the autumn as did the Spanish Flue in 1918 all over the world at the same time. Some people just not treating this seriously. See groups of teenagers all walking down the road all together, for some the rule don't apply to them. They are low risk and don't give a f**k about anybody else.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

It's a difficult one. Yes certain businesses are opening that were shut last week, yes people are creeping out. The most difficult part of lock down is how to exit from each period. If you tell people they can go and do something low risk like fishing there will be a mad rush, people who have never fished will all head out and you will get bottle necks and virus hot spots, especially in highly populated areas such as inner city park ponds. 

Maybe it's better if people start sneaking out steadily. The other day I took the boy for a walk on the beech, 30 miles away. I had to go check some pigeon nets on a property in Blackpool so I took him with me. 

The most difficult part is going to be opening pubs and restaurants, perhaps they should take advantage of the nice weather and open beer gardens for table only service with contactless payment. Because at some point they will need to open pubs and if it's raining or going into winter then the indoors will be packed. 

The NHS is coping, brilliantly, even if the media want to portray it otherwise, the big morgues and nightingale hospitals havnt been needed. This thing is going to have to run its course and at some point we will be exposed to it, perhaps doing it as much as possible while it's summer might be a good idea 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, sid g said:

be plenty of people robbing the system a lot of which will probly get put under investigation at a later date ,  dont draw attention to yourself if you can help it unless your 100% legit ... 

My thoughts exactly. I'm legit but if you get investigated the they always find something, and make you pay for it ten fold, I'd eat ducks off the canal before claiming a penny 

• Like 2

I’m not a clever bloke but from what I can see of it all the answers people “need” are right there.....

There is no vaccine

It is randomly absolutely lethal, nobody is in the safe category

The UK looks set to have the highest death toll in Europe.....it’s levelling people right, left and centre !

What more do you need to know......if knowing when you can go and get pissed or carrying a hod of bricks means more than dying or killing someone in your family then imho a person seriously needs to have a look at their priorities in life ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
47 minutes ago, sid g said:

a lot of people heading back to work our way , i think people are getting restless and will be looking for some real  long term answers soon  apart from the daily updates which seems to skirt round  some subjects

have we really got a feckin clue whats going on ... 

Were back in work Monday  . Builders merchants are back open and the insurance people giving us work are still working so my boss cant see why we shouldnt go back. Will be no indoor working with homeowners present,  all travel in different vans , different break times to each other etc . 

24 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’m not a clever bloke but from what I can see of it all the answers people “need” are right there.....

There is no vaccine

It is randomly absolutely lethal, nobody is in the safe category

The UK looks set to have the highest death toll in Europe.....it’s levelling people right, left and centre !

What more do you need to know......if knowing when you can go and get pissed or carrying a hod of bricks means more than dying or killing someone in your family then imho a person seriously needs to have a look at their priorities in life ! 

The difficulty is if your employer decides its time to go back to work . Ive got a [BANNED TEXT] who hasnt stopped working in a small warehouse  because his boss claimed they were essential workers packing dog treats.  Were told if they go off work there wont be work to go back to . Hard choice then when bills will keep coming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

I know it's easier said than done but when this is over if I was him I'd be looking for a new job. f**k working for somebody like that 

Probably will. But for him it was difficult in the fact if he goes off and they drop him he wouldnt find work in this climate and hed still have things that need paying for

• Thanks 1

I hear you lads, I don’t know about anyone else but I just think that in a country that takes so much money off people all the f***ing time it’s terrible that people are having to make the choice between putting themselves and their family’s lives at risk or starving/being evicted etc etc.......that’s just plain wrong.

Something has to change after this boys

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

I hear you lads, I don’t know about anyone else but I just think that in a country that takes so much money off people all the f***ing time it’s terrible that people are having to make the choice between putting themselves and their family’s lives at risk or starving/being evicted etc etc.......that’s just plain wrong.

Something has to change after this boys

I 100% agree with you . Harsh sending people to work in the height of the panic and deaths to work in a small warehouse where it is impossible to stay distance apart.  But as he said back at the beginning,  he didnt know how long it would last and didnt want to end up without money for months.  

That’s another thing lads, people need to stop thinking of a bit of help as a handout......it’s not a handout, it’s a hand back !

Nobody is getting anything they have not already paid in by the shed load.

f***ing government can’t go to all the weddings and none of the funerals.

• Like 7