in the back of the shed .......i have this old diddy parafeen lamp.......dont get used in the house as it has a couple of splits where the handle joind the body....so it does stink on parafeen..........so i had a bit of time on my hands about 3 weeks ago...and decieded to take it apart and clean it ..take the dents out and mend the holes...cause i rekon it is a pretty little thing and should be bought back into use...

will post a few more pics of progress later..............

wee willy winki 001tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 002tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 003tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 004tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 005tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 006tn_.JPG

• Like 4

next thing was to .....give it a good old clean up and check what needs fixing.....the burner was ok and i had the wick out and washed and flattered it and trimmed it ...then a look at the body ...and as you can see ...where the handle joind the body ...the solder is cracked............

winky 001tn_.JPG

winky 002tn_.JPG

winky 003tn_.JPG

winky 004tn_.JPG

winky 005tn_.JPG

winky 006tn_.JPG

lamp mine 001tn_.JPG

lamp mine 002tn_.JPG

lamp mine 003tn_.JPG

lamp mine 004tn_.JPG

• Like 1

You've made a really nice job of that :good:

I like holding antiques like this and wondering where it's been and who might have used it.

It's good to see it brought back to life and working - especially in that last picture  :yes:

cheers for that..............to be quite honest it works and throws a nice ammont of light......far more so than a candle...............it is 3/4 's full of parafeen and sits on the desk and no longer smells...but is always ready to be lit ....as we have several power cuts here from time to time......

i have been looking at some of the large drawing room oil lamps on the net ...some of them with glass shades.....i bet they threw some light as well...