We bought our smallholding with the intention of cutting back on our work and living a simpler healthier life. As all good intentions they've only been sort of achieved, and generally the place seems more of a bind.

Well the last five weeks have really given us the impetus to crack on and start doing things while we can. Looking around me now I can't believe how much we have achieved, the place is tidy, the hedges are cut back, the stock fencing is in tact. The raised beds are all deep dig and rotavated, the green house is full of seedlings and in it goes. Polytunnel needs finishing in the bed clearance and rotavating but that's a quick job.

On the booze front we have 35 lts of turbo cider on the go, tea and raisen wine on the go.

The incubator is almost full, we have ducks sat on eggs and geese too.

Today I have been making rhubarb and plum chutney, yesterday I got two dozen pickled eggs bottled.

I could get used to this staying at home lark. Just a shame I've not had much income the last five weeks bar four nights of rabbit work.

IMG_20200427_101858.jpg

IMG_20200427_151625.jpg

IMG_20200422_202643.jpg

• Like 10

The cider and eater orchards are looking really good, the pears and plums too so hopefully we won't get a late frost and lose nearly everything like last year.

All the fruit bushes are looking fairly promising, particularly the blueberries and currants.

Fingers crossed now for a bountiful summer.

IMG_20200427_161756.jpg

IMG_20200427_161823.jpg

• Like 11