Collie greyhound next generation

1 hour ago, Fox dog said:

So my collie hound is pushing on prob best rabbit dog I've had, her sire was collie hound and her dam was a track hound, as a cross for her what would you lads use, 

Image0188.jpg

Good x that, if I was after collie, yours would be the type I go for 1/4 collie 3/4 grey. 

depends on what you want out the dog an if you want to stick with just collie type if just collie type a half x or 3quarters bred but if you want to keep to old school type then bedlington x of some sort usually adds nice to collie crosses that’s what I’ve found any way it livens the cross up lovely easy to train live with and work an tend not to have the negatives collies have an bedlingtons have 

17 hours ago, Fox dog said:

So my collie hound is pushing on prob best rabbit dog I've had, her sire was collie hound and her dam was a track hound, as a cross for her what would you lads use, 

Image0188.jpg

Birds bryn is a nice looking collie/grey might be past it in the shagging stakes unless he's like his owner ??

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Chid said:

Birds bryn is a nice looking collie/grey might be past it in the shagging stakes unless he's like his owner ??

It would have been nice to of seen a pup or two out of him as he was a tidy rabbit dog in his youth.

Thanks lads, much appreciated, she'd rabbit all day and I use to ferret with her, got out of ferrets so lamping and the odd f in the day, too clarify though she never grabbed a f just coursed and would pressure em to a burrow or go a couple fields and come off, prob have left it a bit late with her she's 9 this summer 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fox dog said:

Thanks lads, much appreciated, she'd rabbit all day and I use to ferret with her, got out of ferrets so lamping and the odd f in the day, too clarify though she never grabbed a f just coursed and would pressure em to a burrow or go a couple fields and come off, prob have left it a bit late with her she's 9 this summer 

You may be able to get a pup out of her  yet mate, it’s worth a punt if you thinks she’s worthy. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fox dog said:

If the pups were anything like her be worth as a rabbit dog any you lads have same cross doing f

Mine was similar cross just less collie more running dog in how mines bred I’ll be honest she was alright at catching them no trouble at all just a fanny at getting the job done useless tbh for that job but a great edible catch dog Day or night but with a bit of terrier blood  Was a game changer it’d be a choice well made that you’d not regret