Beddlington x patterdale

3 hours ago, morton said:

I lined a red Fell,bred from generations of such all the pups where black.part of the reason for that is that bedlingtons,Fells/Lakeys have a common ancestry and when folk look to the origins of the black working terrier they refuse the concept that beddy blood played its part.

seen a few black fell types over the years with the beddy top knot on the heads

• Like 1

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fat man said:

My digging mate had a beddyxfell about 20 year ago, he was a good fox dog to ground and an extremely good dog to push foxes out of cover, bred over in the west, mayo if memory serves me right, but he was probably a one of. 

There was a litter round here around the same time a accidental mating only one made anything under ground the smallest bitch the rest worked cover I think but she was the only one that would stay till dug Beth I think she was called 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, coco said:

The patterdales a mongrel no breed standard what so ever so where does the 14/15 inch patterdales come from there’s only one other terrier that size ....... makes you think and I’ve had them 20 yrs lol atb

I'm not much taller than 15inchs it would make a think alright?. Some my terrriers  I can hide behind them out in the open and you'd never see me. Give me a black mongrel anyday over a beddy.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 1
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 22:41, Blackmag said:

There was a litter round here around the same time a accidental mating only one made anything under ground the smallest bitch the rest worked cover I think but she was the only one that would stay till dug Beth I think she was called 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I'm not much taller than 15inchs it would make a think alright?. Some my terrriers  I can hide behind them out in the open and you'd never see me. Give me a black mongrel anyday over a beddy.

But what’s in your mongrel,,,,,,,, names of dogs or the actual breed of the dogs behind them atb

14 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Are you trying say that beddlington is the dog that made the black terriers what they are today. ??????

No definaltly not but there mongrals so there bitsa terrier no standard so anything goes in the mix  border Lakeland bedlington Scottish terrier fox terrier you name it ,,,, it could be in there simple how many people take kc terriers digging or bushing none we all breed for work so say bedlington / patterdales won’t work it’s foolish don’t you think atb

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Apache... said:

A good digging bedlington a good digging border a good digging Lakeland/Russell in my eyes are one offs, these dogs aren't made for constant hard graft. 

So if you have black dogs A what’s the kc animals what’s made them black thanks

21 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Are you trying say that beddlington is the dog that made the black terriers what they are today. ??????

Mr D What kc dogs are behind your terriers because they all start somewhere atb

• Haha 1
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 20:08, Apache... said:

A good digging bedlington a good digging border a good digging Lakeland/Russell in my eyes are one offs, these dogs aren't made for constant hard graft. 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
39 minutes ago, morton said:

I think only you read that into it,if he typed slower for the folk that don,t think to fast,you may have kept up.Its obvious that the Bedlington played its part in the development of the black Fells,its also obvious that that influence is so diluted as to make little impression on the majority of working kennels that keep line bred black terriers now.What is also patently obvious is there as been that much fiddling about with black terrier breeding that little on paper would bear the test of scrutiny in most kennels and the more famous kennels have basterdised the black terrier,for fame and fortune,more than any other.

Was awaiting your usual drival morton lol. Some of the more foolish lads might believe your ramblings about the mighty Bedlington and if I'm a bit slow by feck they must be brain dead to believe it. Lol. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 20:59, dogmandont said:

Was awaiting your usual drival morton lol. Some of the more foolish lads might believe your ramblings about the mighty Bedlington and if I'm a bit slow by feck they must be brain dead to believe it. Lol. 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
43 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

But you ain’t answered the question how much percentage of border bedlington lakeland cairn or Scottish terrier in your black dogs or in the pedigree you’ve been given is jock x trixie nailer x Maggie and so forth if so you ain’t got a clue what makes them great perhaps it’s the black go faster colour atb

• Haha 1