Beddlington x patterdale

We're I work and the sheepdog there works sheep day in day out none of us  cares how his breed was made up a border collie incase' ya ask all we care about now is that  he works,  I'm not worried how the border collie came about probably Belington added somewhere a few years back going on you . It's obviously hit a nerve CoCo don't fool yourself no point living a lie just let it go

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 1

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

12 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Couldn't give a rats ass what went into the making of the black dogs as long as they work which they do and very well at that. 

You keep asking what's in their make up lol. Can you tell me what's in the make up of the beddy or fell that's in your dogs lol can you fcuk. Lol. 

Yes  he could because all with working beddys most of us have papers saying whats in what and yes the gene pool is small and i bet most of us have the same dogs in the lines weather lakey fell or beddy that be a fact to , its not the beddy as a working dog that killed it ? It the same thing that ruins everything ,  puppy peddleing money and egos  , there no terrier with the temperment of a beddy

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, coco said:

It don’t hit a raw nerve with me mate I’ve heard it all before but when people go on about these black dogs like they’ve come out of planet Mars well there not there just mongrels x morgrels bred for purpose and like as bedlington bashes say we use this fell terrier blood because it’s the closest relation we have not to spruce them up or give them drive just to reduce size and better coats atb

I have yet to see a beddy dig educated gear regular I have no doubt  they have uses but there not on par with a black terrier in regards digging

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3

Why do you lads call your beddy xs bedlingtons anyway?  How many out crosses to fell or lakeland blood are you allowed before they cease to be bedlingtons and just become another mongrel as coco puts it. Serious question by the way. 

Edited by dogmandont
23 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have yet to see a beddy dig educated gear regular I have no doubt  they have uses but there not on par with a black terrier in regards digging

A mate who joined a new hunt not so long back took all the piss takin of ha ha he got a poodle etc then after extracting a hound that had pushed it self in as far as it could on a mark a russel was entered it got bullied about so a black dog was entered that couldnt stick so shouts went up to try the poodle yes it feckin stuck and the black fox was accounted for ?  Believe what you like.but theres still good beddys out there and it be sad day if the go the way of the dinousaur ?

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

A mate who joined a new hunt not so long back took all the piss takin of ha ha he got a poodle etc then after extracting a hound that had pushed it self in as far as it could on a mark a russel was entered it got bullied about so a black dog was entered that couldnt stick so shouts went up to try the poodle yes it feckin stuck and the black fox was accounted for ?  Believe what you like.but theres still good beddys out there and it be sad day if the go the way of the dinousaur ?

Dog or bitch the beddy pal

Proof is in the pudding realy if Beddys  were still good digging dogs they’d be getting used , there so many black dogs about because they do a job and obviously do it well , obviously not all them will make it as that’s the nature of things but if there was still decent beddys about then surely someone would be striving to take them forward but instead you get the usual ( I don’t need to show pictures off my beddy  working or I don’t need to take lads out to see my beddy working ) secret squirrel bull shit , there probably a hndful of beddys that are actually beddys that can be entered and stay till dug ( no mater how long) to left , but there lol part of the secret. Squirrel club 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Why do you lads call your beddy xs bedlingtons anyway?  How many out crosses to fell or lakeland blood are you allowed before they cease to be bedlingtons and just become another mongrel as coco puts it. Serious question by the way. 

Because the base line is a bedlington like a bedlington x Lurcher that’s all I’m saying that the fell terrier is the closes relation to a bedlington to reduce size better coat definaltly not to make them work yes the black dog as the biggest gene pool for a working terrier because there crossed with 3 or more different breeds of terrier that’s why they come all diffrent shapes and sizes I think we’ve all got our views on our dogs so as long as your happy enjoy them

• Like 3

I think it would be fair to say that 1st well known and recorded use of an out cross was by George Newcombe. I am only going on things that I have read and did not know him but apparently the reason behind the outcross was not due anything lacking in his Bedlingtons but becoming too closely bred and he did not consider unrelated Bedlingtons worthy of introducing into his own strain as a means of making the gene pool healthier. 

• Like 1
On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:44, howdeeposxxt said:

I don't think anyone is knocking the beddy it's just the beddy does not come to the minds of 99% of black dog owners why should it stand out . There not much good for digging these days. If they where alot of people would have them the black dog what ever it's make up is a digging dog now and far superior to any these days I can't see it changing in my life time. If I could get a beddy better than my black stuff well I sure would go for it but it ain't going to happen . It just hits a nerve with the beddy boys there not getting the recognition that I think they don't deserve.  Each to there own but it is what it is black dogs are the real deal at the moment as far as earthwork goes . Why think twice about beddy been added years and years ago even if it was in some small percentage of black dog types make up. Why would a digging man care. Just my thought on it 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Like 2
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 09:37, Elchapo said:

Proof is in the pudding realy if Beddys  were still good digging dogs they’d be getting used , there so many black dogs about because they do a job and obviously do it well , obviously not all them will make it as that’s the nature of things but if there was still decent beddys about then surely someone would be striving to take them forward but instead you get the usual ( I don’t need to show pictures off my beddy  working or I don’t need to take lads out to see my beddy working ) secret squirrel bull shit , there probably a hndful of beddys that are actually beddys that can be entered and stay till dug ( no mater how long) to left , but there lol part of the secret. Squirrel club 

Bedlingtons are being used and have a small and genuine following

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Haha 1