Beddlington x patterdale

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:18, foxdropper said:

How so Mort .Just being honest fella .I don’t know what the f**k they put together to produce the pat but it’s dollars to doughnuts they’ve shit all over the Beddy shite .

Edited by morton
Went toxic

Trouble is with you and your like Mort ,your time to quit the breed has come and gone and you are now left with a few inbred stragglers with nowhere to go bar another type  .The Beddie gene pool dwindles year on year because you and others didn’t have the foresight to breed and disperse when the work was there and now you can’t find anyone to run them on and produce credible ,breedable workers. Probably come with a price tag and end up as bushers  at best .The lads that realise this with other types even the border are far better placed than any Beddy breeder .

Let that sink in before replying .

• Like 1
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:29, task said:

Why don't you both have a day out with each other and you can compare your bedlingtons with his blacks and see if their as good 

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Like 2

Ok Mort go for it .What has the poodle got a pat hasn’t and how does a Beddy graft as a terrier should .

Your a bitter man Mort stuck with a remnant of a bygone era with no prospects going forward ,other than a bit of ratting .
Why not be a man and admit your screwed ,you f****d up by not developing a gene pool to go to yourself .No forethought or drive mate .

Just being brutally honest .

• Haha 1
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:36, foxdropper said:

Trouble is with you and your like Mort ,your time to quit the breed has come and gone and you are now left with a few inbred stragglers with nowhere to go bar another type  .The Beddie gene pool dwindles year on year because you and others didn’t have the foresight to breed and disperse when the work was there and now you can’t find anyone to run them on and produce credible ,breedable workers. Probably come with a price tag and end up as bushers  at best .The lads that realise this with other types even the border are far better placed than any Beddy breeder .

Let that sink in before replying .

Edited by morton
Went toxic
  • Haha 1
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:43, foxdropper said:

Ok Mort go for it .What has the poodle got a pat hasn’t and how does a Beddy graft as a terrier should .

Your a bitter man Mort stuck with a remnant of a bygone era with no prospects going forward ,other than a bit of ratting .
Why not be a man and admit your screwed ,you f****d up by not developing a gene pool to go to yourself .No forethought or drive mate .

Just being brutally honest .

Edited by morton
Went toxic
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 18:52, foxdropper said:

No Morton you are 30 years too late and the foresight was never there when you started with them or you’d be chucking out 60% workers all day long .

Edited by morton
Went toxic

Your not grasping the fact I’m trying to put across Mort .When you first started with the poodles you should of spread the workers far and wide ,bred for the sake of it and given to terriermen not the pet trade or bush wackers 

You would now have the pick of the cream to fold back in and wouldn’t be on here defending a lost cause .If you invented foresight ????you were 30 years too late bud .

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:04, foxdropper said:

Your not grasping the fact I’m trying to put across Mort .When you first started with the poodles you should of spread the workers far and wide ,bred for the sake of it and given to terriermen not the pet trade or bush wackers 

You would now have the pick of the cream to fold back in and wouldn’t be on here defending a lost cause .If you invented foresight ????you were 30 years too late bud .

Edited by morton
Went toxic
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:16, foxdropper said:

While you pick the bones out of that mate I’m off out foxing ,plagued with them here this year .

Edited by morton
Went toxic
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I’m not concerned with the Jurassic period mate when no one had a fecking scooby what they were doing .I  know nothing  about it’s creation than other than which I’ve seen with my own eyes .Im writing about the breeders in my time that have produced a terrier with no need to bastardise it with poodles ,otter lookalikes or Black and Tan Russell’s .Beddies on the other hand .......

Your black terrier is a dog so can you break down what type of dogs as gone into your terriers please don’t give me stupid names like rock/Tyson/mick etc breed types if you don’t know obvious you know jack shit

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, morton said:

I can,t have been clear enough in an earlier post,it must have been abundantly clear to others that owned a more open mind.Im getting a bitch back from something I gifted years ago,i could have,should have, taken a pup from a lining to a like minded soul.Im in a fortunate position that ive a bitch I bred and a dog half bred to mine in a good hunting kennel,a lurcher to boot as a bonus factor,now a scruffy little fluffy will head in my direction,ive another in another kennel that may pay future dividends and a pup I should have taken,a dog,will nearly certainly line something of mine along the line.Ive given more than my share of Bedlingtons away and ill freely admit its been a traumatic experience because most of the time its bitten me on the arse and caused more strife than its nearly been worth,when it works its a satisfying,rewarding and humbling experience and worth the little effort ive mustered over the decades.

Waiting to be picked up so I’ll try again ,The reason you have SMALL gene pool is that your weren’t free enough with your offerings when you were young keen and the work was still there .Getting one pup back after years of owning a so called working line says it all .Yiu should be inundated with offers every year that you could place or keep .Every single successful terrier man with a type ,line ,strain of workers has a network of those entrusted with the same .A Network that keeps the blood going ,the workers working and lads keen .

• Like 1