Beddlington x patterdale

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 20:49, Blackmag said:

A good dog to me is a good dog regardless of it's breed and I always like to see a good work but likes been said quarry and location play a big part Morton and you could always say about the standard they work at that May suit some but not others we all have different views as you know 

Edited by morton
Went toxic

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of earths different types of terrier work, that’s why I never knock another mans choice of dogs if they make the owner happy who gives a toss, 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think you could bring back a lot of terrier breeds within 5 or 6 generations to be decent workers if you were dedicated to doing that,even from show stuff.

Your joking ain't you I'm a bit simple so I cant anticipate sarcasm.

16 hours ago, Rat face said:

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of earths different types of terrier work, that’s why I never knock another mans choice of dogs if they make the owner happy who gives a toss, 

Totally agree dogs are dogs we breed for purpose like the big names atb

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think you could bring back a lot of terrier breeds within 5 or 6 generations to be decent workers if you were dedicated to doing that,even from show stuff.

You could recreate the sealyham in 18 months as a mere experiment 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Your joking ain't you I'm a bit simple so I cant anticipate sarcasm.

Serious,I had Aust silky terriers when I was young,a dog never ever bred for much except looks.The first dogs were barely interested in a mouse hole but I persisted and they eventually became good ratters.By the fourth gen the dogs were great ratters and used them for bushing and they would flush foxes from dens.I really think you could resurrect some of the old working breeds the show people have ruined.Later I had a cairn terrier off show dogs that itself did similar work with little encouragement,not to patterdale standards but who knows after 5 or more generations.I've noticed pups from non working line whippets seem to know the rabbit game a lot better after 1 generation working.

• Like 2