Beddlington x patterdale

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em? There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and

Think that is a very true comment blackmag, iv said over and over again lads want different things from there terriers ones mans cull will be one mans pot of gold. Different land different type of ear

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, ferret333 said:

Dont suppose any one has any expiriences with 1st cross beddy patterdale.

What were they like to work and what did they work.

Pics would be a bonus just to see how they threw. Cheers

Why would anyone want to do such a thing. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Why would anyone want to do such a thing. 

Why not their two terrier breeds and both breeds have had all sorts bred into them and bred back out again for better and for worse its all being done before.

20 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

Why not their two terrier breeds and both breeds have had all sorts bred into them and bred back out again for better and for worse its all being done before.

If a patterdale is lacking that much to make ye think  adding Bedlington is gonna make em better terriers then you've a fcukin screw loose or your related to morton. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

where are these working bedlingtons? iv had been about teriers and lurchers since i was a boy iv never saw one with a hole in its nose in the flesh ...was a guy topper on here used to post some nice types but i think even them had fell blood in them....so is it all romantic bullshit about terriers from 45 plus years ago or are they some mythical rock dog that men keep up there jumpers till its time to rock and roll...russels patterdales even borders and lakeys you can find workers without lookin to hard....so where are the beddy men lets see them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's like crossing a donkey with a camel absolutely no point what so ever if the pat is that bad that you have to cross it with a beddy to improve it  or any breed for that matter it's just a pile of shxte in the first place . Beddys are like the Kerry blue 1in a million they're out there but not worth the hassle?

• Like 2

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em?

There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and size.... Working and the kc... If someone's honest about it, then I don't see the problem myself ?

• Like 9

The problem I think Daniel is certain breeds have been tried and tested over time and never came good after all the time been put into them apart from the odd case of course. I do agree tho if a dog does his job don't knock em but it's not as simple as just that.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

A dog is a dog... If it does the job, then it don't matter whats in em?

There's been all sorts added to all the working terrier strains over the yrs....to improve  Colour, coat, conformation and size.... Working and the kc... If someone's honest about it, then I don't see the problem myself ?

Dc go ask any man with a decent line of black terriers if he'd use a beddy as an an out cross. Lol. 

37 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

So the problem is they're to big to get to ground. Lol. 

The beddy type seem to make better dogs an if pups make good then most add beddy back in then beddy again 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

The problem I think Daniel is certain breeds have been tried and tested over time and never came good after all the time been put into them apart from the odd case of course. I do agree tho if a dog does his job don't knock em but it's not as simple as just that.

I can't knock a man for wanting to breed something better than what he has..... That's what we have all tried to recreate yes? The biggest problem imo when it comes to dogs bred for working or pets is that person's Honesty...... I've been around a few different folks, and there's only one gentleman in 25 yrs who I can honestly say sat me down and told me the good and bad traits of the dogs I could of used from him?lots more will tell you what you want to hear?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1