1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Same over here in France. It's gone crazy on the moles.

Funny thing is I'm looking to retire in a couple of years time and so have stopped taking on any new business. I haven't advertised for over 18 months either but new enquiries are still finding me. I've declined 9 since the start of June. If only I were younger  ?

I'm struggling to keep up myself!

Funny, two of my very best customers are French, and the sight of mole hills sends one of them towards a nervous breakdown and the other into an indignant rage. 

I'm guessing La Taupe is a national obsession over the channel...

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an interesting wasp job today. An elderly  farmer l do work for had always been proud of his conservation credentials but over the last couple of years has commendably  embraced an even more fun

Same as you guys - plenty of queens no actual nests although every phone call we get has wasps.... All masonry bees to date  

First one this year for us in a kids playhouse yesterday afternoon. A few weeks away from her first eggs hatching and then them helping her make the nest larger. We said knock it down and stamp o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I'm struggling to keep up myself!

Funny, two of my very best customers are French, and the sight of mole hills sends one of them towards a nervous breakdown and the other into an indignant rage. 

I'm guessing La Taupe is a national obsession over the channel...

I have had Canadians, Americans, Australians, Belgians, Dutch, Germans, Irish and Brits, but only one French customer, a farmer. The locals round here don't seem to mind moles hence the lack of professional mole trappers. At first I advertised on a freeads site but never got a response from the French. It was only when I put an advert in a magazine for ex-pats that the business took off. When touring I've passed through vast areas without the sign of a molehill. Fortunately I don't live in one of them ?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't tallied-up yet but l feel numbers wise it's  been a reasonable year for nests,but strange.

The Season started early,first proper brood nest the size of an orange ,26th April. Then several nests a week all through May.  

Apart from two manic weeks l haven't been working until dusk like l often do in Summer but it's been comfortably steady and the hours have been so much more civilised . 

As well as an early start to The Season it seems to be still ticking along,with nests still coming to light. 

I always reckon Bonfire night is the cut-off point when the gear is put away for winter. 

Even then l've been caught out and had to drag it from hibernation  .