What was the last book you read?

A very good read especially as they came from just up the road from me and some of the estates and places mentioned in it I’m still walking today, well worth a read and for anyone in Gloucestershire the added local interests as mentioned 

CCAC38C4-CCB3-48EA-B272-49088B133CF9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a very interesting subject and rewarding too if you are into that sort of thing mate. You build nature up not rip it too bits like modern factory farming. You restore the soil, you rest

Conn igguldenn series about Genghis Kahn is quality.  Think first book is wolf of the plains there's 4 or 5 books in the series.  He has a series on Julius ceaser aswell that's good but not quite

A very good read especially as they came from just up the road from me and some of the estates and places mentioned in it I’m still walking today, well worth a read and for anyone in Gloucestershire t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

A very good read especially as they came from just up the road from me and some of the estates and places mentioned in it I’m still walking today, well worth a read and for anyone in Gloucestershire the added local interests as mentioned 

CCAC38C4-CCB3-48EA-B272-49088B133CF9.jpeg

That's going round on the book raffle thread mate, I enjoyed it.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

003.jpg.c4838475aadf3a5a5d632e43d97f57c7.jpg

Re-read this today. Devastating weapons, the people not the tools. Took European top brass a long time to accept that a lowly but skilled soldier with a brain and balls  could be more effective than rank and file controlled by an officer.

001.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished Sapiens and now half way through Homo Deus, they are some of the best books I've read and are real eye openers to humanity. 

Reading books like these are dangerous though, they make my mind wander and urge me to pack everything in and say fcuk you to the world I live in. 

• Like 2
On 04/05/2020 at 11:22, Greb147 said:

Just finished Sapiens and now half way through Homo Deus, they are some of the best books I've read and are real eye openers to humanity. 

Reading books like these are dangerous though, they make my mind wander and urge me to pack everything in and say fcuk you to the world I live in. 

For those who like Conn Iggulden or similar historical novels i can recommend Gordon Doherty's books,read a few of his series now and currently reading his legionary series,there no too bad with same style and pace of writing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gaz said:

For those who like Conn Iggulden or similar historical novels i can recommend Gordon Doherty's books,read a few of his series now and currently reading his legionary series,there no too bad with same style and pace of writing.

The Attila the Hun books by William Napier are good as well 

• Like 1

Read this again today. I was forced to read it the 1st time as it was on English syllabus at school. I would liked to have read it before everyone thought it was a masterpiece in the same way that I would liked to have listened to the Beatles before everyone thought that they were great. Never really got the Beatles even though I've tried listening to them. Read 1984 once again today and did not really enjoy it, even though I get it. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

You will like the book I put up earlier in the thread, its a mind changer too

I couldn't finish Homo Deus, but I'm sure it's as good as Sapiens. Sapiens is so insightful and thought provoking. It makes it so clear exactly what we're doing wrong.

17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I couldn't finish Homo Deus, but I'm sure it's as good as Sapiens. Sapiens is so insightful and thought provoking. It makes it so clear exactly what we're doing wrong.

It's more of a slow burner but all I'm doing at work is sat on the gate all day so got plenty of time to go at it,  I've nearly finished it now. 

Yep Sapiens is great and really thought provoking, I wonder how it will play out for us in the future. We are some way off but he is predicting that we could possibly unlock immortality, I'm not sure if that would benefit the human race at all tbh.