What was the last book you read?

Well, on the back of what was the last film you watched thread,  I thought I'd start a similar one.

Atm I've got 3 on the go, (I'm an avid reader ?) Jack Reacher Tripwire, think it's number 2, I've read most of them, Michael Connelly, a Harry Bosch detective novel and Johnny Bluck Digging the Dirt volume 1 (bought that from the auction at the fishing comp a couple of years back but never felt the need till recently - it's my on the bog book ?)

What you reading? I reckon Born Hunter's  will be Advanced Quantum Physics or something similar but whats the rest of you got on the go?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a very interesting subject and rewarding too if you are into that sort of thing mate. You build nature up not rip it too bits like modern factory farming. You restore the soil, you rest

Conn igguldenn series about Genghis Kahn is quality.  Think first book is wolf of the plains there's 4 or 5 books in the series.  He has a series on Julius ceaser aswell that's good but not quite

A very good read especially as they came from just up the road from me and some of the estates and places mentioned in it I’m still walking today, well worth a read and for anyone in Gloucestershire t

Posted Images

Conn igguldenn series about Genghis Kahn is quality.  Think first book is wolf of the plains there's 4 or 5 books in the series. 

He has a series on Julius ceaser aswell that's good but not quite as good as the Genghis one.

Even if you don't read get the first book and I'd say 9 out of 10 would read it all and buy the next ones. I didn't read fiction at all when someone borrowed it to me and I couldn't put it down. 

Mind you that was before I had kids, bought a wreck of a house and started my business. Don't have much time for reading now!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

The Lost Soul of Eamonn Magee & Skag Boys - Irvine Welsh.

Got Fury’s book and A Confederacy of Dunces up next, for when I get a minute to sit down?

What was the Welsh book like......any good?

Been doing loads of reading with the kids.... Enjoyed DSC_0578.JPG.acbeafc062c9a0bc461d2902356d788b.JPGHow to train your dragon ?

For myself.... el chapo, and Roberto escobar on his brother pablo.... I always buy a couple at the airport for holidays,Mrs and old duck always buy me dog/country books at Xmas last 1 a terrier man's life volume 3 by D. Harcombe. Started reading thisDSC_0578.JPG.acbeafc062c9a0bc461d2902356d788b.JPG

I used to read a lot but too busy now. The last book I read that really made me think was Feral by George Monbiot. He write it before he became a climate change celebrity and lost his credibility with me. 

Don't know if it's the same in all areas but Cornwall Council have an app called BorrowBox where you can pick, reserve and download books onto your tablet or phone and read them like a Kindle. You need to be a member of the library to use it. It's very good. ?

Cheers, D.