6 minutes ago, hambone said:

Don't mention the else where or you face will peel and your piles fall out ? 

does that mean ive got covid-19 again....................no wonder folk buy so much toilet paper....?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proberly a few of you know me from another website.....either for my bad spelling or raw language....i does mek stuff...when im board...last couple of years i made dozens of these dun up opinels and g

i wont put many more pics up as i have bloody fawsands of them....but this shows the sort of procedure it goes thro.....the brass or bronze (sometimes ) pommel gets drilled and pinned and the pins are

they are really nice..........the more weird the antler is the better i like it ....

Posted Images

Hello n wlcome Ditchy still fettling air rifles ,those opinels look awesome .Have u crossed to the dark side or were u pushed by the evil dark lord Zapp.

Theres a couple of refugees on here youd recognise,its a great place mainly self policing ,no insults ,no p/c just adults enjoying our hobby with an air of self respect and self discipline which is nice.

Oh and How,s big Sarah doing during lockdown miss her tails ,but not her Tail :wub:

8 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Hello n wlcome Ditchy still fettling air rifles ,those opinels look awesome .Have u crossed to the dark side or were u pushed by the evil dark lord Zapp.

Theres a couple of refugees on here youd recognise,its a great place mainly self policing ,no insults ,no p/c just adults enjoying our hobby with an air of self respect and self discipline which is nice.

Oh and How,s big Sarah doing during lockdown miss her tails ,but not her Tail :wub:

hi there my man....yup ...still taking carp air rifles and getting them to look nice and fire well....did you see the last Merc "S" that i did ....i spoke to the bloke i did it for last week and he regulary chrono's it and it has settled down at 11.4ft/lbs and is pin point accuate now

havnt qite crossed the dark side yet but after being banned twice and filled up on points...for evading the swear filter and sexually inuendo's i thought i would start having a wander around this forum which i joined in 2014....in the format it had then i found it a bit difficult to navigate around....so thats why i stayed where i was.....but the format is now more or less a standard one now.and its nice to use............to be fair ive never had a problem with Zapp....he has always been very polite...........my problem is so called too many folk have pressed the report button on me

they dont like what i post sometimes.......

oh ...and fat sarah is still alive and kicking.......she has gone on holiday with a bunch of mongolian throat singers...so its a bit quiet around here

nice to see old friends again

all the best 

ditchy

• Like 1
9 hours ago, hambone said:

Just push them back in and don't forget its pat pat pat, don't wipe. ??

thats gross..........must be grim up north to do that............we use spagnum moss in norfick down here......

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

i wont put many more pics up as i have bloody fawsands of them....but this shows the sort of procedure it goes thro.....the brass or bronze (sometimes ) pommel gets drilled and pinned and the pins are silver soldered into the metal then the antler is drilled out and the whole thing is set in epoxy..........

what i will do is start another thread maybe 2moz on the re-building of the Boer War pattern horse knife what was give to me to do up...........

cheers

nearly there 001tn_.JPG

nearly there 002tn_.JPG

nearly there 003tn_.JPG

nearly there 004tn_.JPG

nearly there 005tn_.JPG

nearly there 006tn_.JPG

nearly there 007tn_.JPG

nearly there 008tn_.JPG

nearly there 009tn_.JPG

nearly there 010tn_.JPG

nearly there 011tn_.JPG

nearly there 012tn_.JPG

nearly there 013tn_.JPG

nearly there 014tn_.JPG

nearly there 015tn_.JPG

nearly there 016tn_.JPG

nearly there 017tn_.JPG

nearly there 018tn_.JPG

nearly there 019tn_.JPG

nearly there 020tn_.JPG

nearly there 021tn_.JPG

nearly there 022tn_.JPG

nearly there 023tn_.JPG

nice little job:good:

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

cheers..................

one of the reasons i slowed down on making them ....is it was getting really hard to find good interesting Red deer antler..........i did have a beautiful point that i was saving for myself...it was twisted and knobbly............so i started work on it..............and ended up cutting it too short............i cursed and swore and sobbed my heart out as it was a real special piece ....then shoved it in the bandsaw and cut it up in a dozen pieces and binned it...?

Hi mate thems some lovely little knifes you got going on there, with regard to finding antlers those big pet superstores and some garden centres that cater for pets often have piles of antlers they sell for dog chews, I was in one near Gloucester a while back and they had some lovely big lumps of antlers from several different species of deer, anyways welcome onboard and keep the pics coming love a pic ?

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

I am very fond of opinel,  but they are some thing else top work ! 

those /these knives ...can all be done with a small ammount of tools ....and well within the skill set of all folk on this forum..........................have a go ....ask questions ..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Great work. Nice to see a new face and some fresh enthusiasm on here.

I love making Opinel antler mods and done a lot myself. Latterly i have been putting Phosfor bronze contact plates in at the pivot which gives them a nice smooth long lasting action.

P1070632 P1060666_zpsjjlnt7qm P1060678_zpsubevg45u P1060683_zpssetwka1u P1070750 P1070738

• Like 1