Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finely got me some lambs 

few photos from the round the place the last couple of weeks 

Try again form this to this ha 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, trapperman said:

I watched a thing called ‘back to Eden gardening’ bit of a long thing about 1h40mins but found it quite interesting it’s no dig based on Woodchips, I’m going to do part my veg patch with it in autumn 

Mate no dig is the way forward I follow a guy on utube called Charles downing Ive done a small veg patch in my new back  garden about 18x18 it’s mental the amount of food you can grow in a small space multi sown on no dig System it makes life so easy veg grows like weeds it makes it look like I know what I’m doing ? You won’t look back trust me once you get the swing of things

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, trapperman said:

I watched a thing called ‘back to Eden gardening’ bit of a long thing about 1h40mins but found it quite interesting it’s no dig based on Woodchips, I’m going to do part my veg patch with it in autumn 

It works my brother has been doing it for the past few yrs, the fruit n veg is top class, nicest tomato’s I’ve ever tried. Well worth doing

• Like 2

I think it takes a couple years for it to get working proper but he says just use fertilisers if needed when you first start it 

I like it cause I don’t have running water down the holding only what I can collect off my shacks and field shelter I have enough ibcs for I think 11000 litres but that doesn’t last long in a heatwave 

I says once established he almost never has to water

8 hours ago, trapperman said:

I think it takes a couple years for it to get working proper but he says just use fertilisers if needed when you first start it 

I like it cause I don’t have running water down the holding only what I can collect off my shacks and field shelter I have enough ibcs for I think 11000 litres but that doesn’t last long in a heatwave 

I says once established he almost never has to water

Like the sound of this. I’ll see how how it go’s for me this year with this conventional vege patch I’ve started, but may look into trying it ?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Spoke with a farmer a few years ago, I asked him how the stalks in a field of spuds just died off so quickly before ye harvested them, his reply was “roundup” 

Tell you what mate, I have been thinking about this every time I used a bit of shop bought food this week.

Its howling really, what the hell can you trust to eat if you didn’t produce it yourself ? 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Tell you what mate, I have been thinking about this every time I used a bit of shop bought food this week.

Its howling really, what the hell can you trust to eat if you didn’t produce it yourself ? 

You start going down the ‘roundup’ rabbit hole & its fcuking scary!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It always makes me laugh how the whole vegan/vege v meat eater argument regarding health & the environment seems to forget the bigger issue is that half the world is doused in fcuking roundup!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Stopped using slug pellets when I found a hedgehog in the bottom plot last year just sprinkle salt round the seed trays found a slug in the sweatcorn fcuker must have pole voulted from my weeds in a dustbin for a year dig a trench and pour it in

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, twobob said:

Stopped using slug pellets when I found a hedgehog in the bottom plot last year just sprinkle salt round the seed trays found a slug in the sweatcorn fcuker must have pole voulted from my weeds in a dustbin for a year dig a trench and pour it in

So hedgehog is not going to die from slug pellets but from hypertension instead ??..

Wool pellets are the way forward for slug prevention

1 hour ago, Chid said:

So hedgehog is not going to die from slug pellets but from hypertension instead ??..

Wool pellets are the way forward for slug prevention

I did put some plastic bottles with beer in but that made me cry

20 minutes ago, twobob said:

I did put some plastic bottles with beer in but that made me cry

Was going to try this. Does it work?

....I’ll just use that shitty 5% stuff ?

4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Was going to try this. Does it work?

....I’ll just use that shitty 5% stuff ?

Yes beer traps are brilliant

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ask for the slops our local pub, ask them for a few of there ole ashtrays aswell to pour it in seeing as no smoking in pubs anymore haha??

No pubs open anymore and Ian fcucking gagging

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2020 at 18:24, ryaldinhio said:

You got plans for the grass? I'm hoping to get some land soon to allow me to get couple of pigs and maybe some goat kids/lambs. 

Finely got me some lambs 

20200608_064543.jpg

• Like 9