Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finely got me some lambs 

few photos from the round the place the last couple of weeks 

Try again form this to this ha 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paul sr said:

Years ago they used to give the pigs a bottle of Guinness for 7 to 10 days before slaughter . It added flavor to the meat .

Two local pups here kept pigs, gave them the slop trays, and any left behind beer every night

Atb j 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, paul sr said:

Years ago they used to give the pigs a bottle of Guinness for 7 to 10 days before slaughter . It added flavor to the meat .

I worked on a farm that used to feed onions to cattle. When I started they always stopped feeding onions 3 month before it went to market as one time they sold a bullock at market and had to buy it back after it was butchered as it tasted beef and onion

• Haha 1

I'm in the process of moving house and one of the things I want is a fruit garden. I have no natural aptitude for keeping stuff alive but I eat tons of berries so going to give this a go. The plot I have in mind in is about 6mx4m.

At the moment my only thoughts are autumn fruiting raspberries, because you can plant them at a higher density. I'd appreciate any advice....

43 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm in the process of moving house and one of the things I want is a fruit garden. I have no natural aptitude for keeping stuff alive but I eat tons of berries so going to give this a go. The plot I have in mind in is about 6mx4m.

At the moment my only thoughts are autumn fruiting raspberries, because you can plant them at a higher density. I'd appreciate any advice....

Get some Blueberries in pots . 

Blackcurrants and red currants , goose berries can all be planted same way you'd plant the raspberries 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Few quick pics mate, I’ll grab more at some point ?F8F432F2-E758-448D-8436-68735CDBC381.jpeg.1339d464a7237cfb228defdb791e608e.jpegF80396F8-7CF6-4BD7-A260-08BAD58DB75E.jpeg.e9c7faa40147983d26404d7fbdb06232.jpegE319777D-EBE2-4226-ADEC-0A2DD7C46E67.jpeg.28bc17e1abe632c452a10e6047fb43b0.jpeg

Bang on mate. I’m not getting veg patches and all that carry on, I just won’t keep up with it, but fruit I reckon I’ll manage and will save me a few quid perhaps.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Bang on mate. I’m not getting veg patches and all that carry on, I just won’t keep up with it, but fruit I reckon I’ll manage and will save me a few quid perhaps.

Get a pig just for the hell of it ! Lol  

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Any of you lads getting any livestock in for the winter ?

Turkeys ? Geese ? 

Done turkeys the last 3 years, but dont think I am this year... my mates normally dropped them up here by now.. 

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Done turkeys the last 3 years, but dont think I am this year... my mates normally dropped them up here by now.. 

Did you have any agro with them mate?

I have had nothing but bad luck with game and waterfowl, it’s like a beacon for every predator in miles 

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did you have any agro with them mate?

I have had nothing but bad luck with game and waterfowl, it’s like a beacon for every predator in miles 

I've lost a few birds mate, done 10 turkeys first year lost 2 to foxes.

6 2nd year lost 1

6 last year and only lost one...to my mates lurcher pup! Lol

Lost chickens and ducks to a ferret that escaped and went completely feral, 2 years back, it was a ferret my mate give me, all this eu polecat nonsense about it..f***ing twat it was..escaped and went on the war path, finally caught the twat in a live trap...hes no longer with us..lol

Got 2 ducks and 5 chickens now, enough eggs...but the ducks are aylesbury's and are looking very tasty...I've had to swearman.oath.that I.wont kill em.and cook em...lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I've lost a few birds mate, done 10 turkeys first year lost 2 to foxes.

6 2nd year lost 1

6 last year and only lost one...to my mates lurcher pup! Lol

Lost chickens and ducks to a ferret that escaped and went completely feral, 2 years back, it was a ferret my mate give me, all this eu polecat nonsense about it..f***ing twat it was..escaped and went on the war path, finally caught the twat in a live trap...hes no longer with us..lol

Got 2 ducks and 5 chickens now, enough eggs...but the ducks are aylesbury's and are looking very tasty...I've had to swearman.oath.that I.wont kill em.and cook em...lol

Looking tasty ... Stop bullshitting I’ve seen you cuddling Donald and daffy ?

• Haha 1