Just candled my eggs and some good news an bad news. Good news my greeny hen to my timbrado cocks eggs are campion 4 out of 5 eggs are looking good. But bad news is my bully eggs are all empty. Think with her being a 2019 hen she's just got too broody too early and the cocks not tread her yet. But never mind fingers crossed Al have some nice mules. I've got the greeny cock her to help with the bringing up of the young in triple cage at the side. 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Will they not have a second round though ?....is it still not a little bit early for natives i thought it was more into May for Bullies/Goldies etc

Sibirians mate not natives. And yes she'll have another clutch of eggs. Your right about natives normally may June time. Seen them pairing up the wild natives near me now. 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Will they not have a second round though ?....is it still not a little bit early for natives i thought it was more into May for Bullies/Goldies etc

I've got two pairs of native goldies already nesting in my back garden in the conifers nasher pal 

23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

First goldie egg of the year for me.

Screenshot_20200421-083517_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
On 20/04/2020 at 11:14, Bangersanmash said:

Just candled my eggs and some good news an bad news. Good news my greeny hen to my timbrado cocks eggs are campion 4 out of 5 eggs are looking good. But bad news is my bully eggs are all empty. Think with her being a 2019 hen she's just got too broody too early and the cocks not tread her yet. But never mind fingers crossed Al have some nice mules. I've got the greeny cock her to help with the bringing up of the young in triple cage at the side. 

I've never had much luck with hens in their first season, even with canarys

23 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've given her them back to sit today, if my feeder canary hurries up and lays they will be getting put under her instead if they are full.

20200425_140320.jpg

I've got a few sitters now on eggs from a few pairs of whitetops. I've just been in this morning an got an egg off one of my satinet's.  It's great to see eggs been produced nipper atb

• Like 2