Ross Edgley, the 'fittest' man alive?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I’m the only one who thinks a fella, one of our countrymen, who maintains a fairly decent bodybuilders physique and challenges himself in what can only be described as ultra endurance events is

I can only take so much of these super extreme achiever influencer types. I recognise their excellence but they tend to be a bit too much for me. Edgley seems less so. But you’re bang on, a ‘grow

Socks has lost more blood n sweat in his first 5 knives, than any of these clowns! 

3 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I just did,I had a brother in law called paddy Doyle all he exercised was his right arm with pints of lager,lol in all honesty he was a sound bloke and would help anyone he could,he passed away a few years ago and it’s just not the same anymore,wf

I know what you mean mate, I looked after my mate until he passed 18 months ago with liver cirrhosis and cancer, he'd been a carer to his mother up until three year before he went, he was always doing something for somebody else

• Like 1

Never heard of the chap but looks a strong healthy specimen so good luck to him....personally i dont understand this era of Youtube fame to me physical training thats not competitive sport orientated is just a basic lifestyle choice....yes push your body to the limit as part of self achievement thats great but " putting it out there " for Youtube likes just seems a little bit silly to me but it might just be a generational thing....each to their own though and if it keeps him motivated to train then great.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Never heard of the chap but looks a strong healthy specimen so good luck to him....personally i dont understand this era of Youtube fame to me physical training thats not competitive sport orientated is just a basic lifestyle choice....yes push your body to the limit as part of self achievement thats great but " putting it out there " for Youtube likes just seems a little bit silly to me but it might just be a generational thing....each to their own though and if it keeps him motivated to train then great.

:thumbs:

I can see that social media is strange world for those raised in one without it, so I get that. But that's not really what I'm interested in here, social media has simply exposed all these folks to the rest of the world. Good and bad.

I've sort of said what I find noteworthy about him, if you've read the posts before the nonsense. He just strikes me as being a bit of an anomaly. I guess I quite strongly relate to what I think is personal and intellectual curiosity. A significant part of his drive coming from asking questions of himself, rather than simply 'winning' or being 'the most extreme'. If that makes sense?

Someone mentioned steroids. Fair enough, but it's just neither here nor there for me on this and is sort of reflective of the general shallow sentiment that all it is is 'gay muscles'. Put more blunty, the c**t swam constantly for 48hrs! That'd be an impressive show of mental fortitude for someone who looks like one of them aliens you see goggled up at the olympics.... he's a hulk and he's doing this stuff.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I can see that social media is strange world for those raised in one without it, so I get that. But that's not really what I'm interested in here, social media has simply exposed all these folks to the rest of the world. Good and bad.

I've sort of said what I find noteworthy about him, if you've read the posts before the nonsense. He just strikes me as being a bit of an anomaly. I guess I quite strongly relate to what I think is personal and intellectual curiosity. A significant part of his drive coming from asking questions of himself, rather than simply 'winning' or being 'the most extreme'. If that makes sense?

Someone mentioned steroids. Fair enough, but it's just neither here nor there for me on this and is sort of reflective of the general shallow sentiment that all it is is 'gay muscles'. Put more blunty, the c**t swam constantly for 48hrs! That'd be an impressive show of mental fortitude for someone who looks like one of them aliens you see goggled up at the olympics.... he's a hulk and he's doing this stuff.

Yeah, but if he's taking steroids, and probably a few other peds, and I'm not saying he is/does, I obviously don't know, then his achievements are false. 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Who is paddy Doyle 

Paddy Doyle used to come to Bristol to train with a mate of mine in years gone by he got his car jacked by 4 black uns looking for an easy target, they all got a free ride to the BRI in an ambulance funny as ?

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, but if he's taking steroids, and probably a few other peds, and I'm not saying he is/does, I obviously don't know, then his achievements are false. 

Why are his achievements false ?.....are his achievements also false because he,s wearing lycra shorts and not the old cotton speedos from 40 years ago ?....he,s a human being using technology to better performance just like everybody else does in sport and life in general.........its only false if he competes in a sport that forbids it......and he doesnt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Why are his achievements false ?.....are his achievements also false because he,s wearing lycra shorts and not the old cotton speedos from 40 years ago ?....he,s a human being using technology to better performance just like everybody else does in sport and life in general.........its only false if he competes in a sport that forbids it......and he doesnt.

I'm saying they are false, because without using steroids, peds or whatever, he wouldn't have been able to complete those 'achievements'.

The clothing analogy isn't even an issue

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I'm saying they are false, because without using steroids, peds or whatever, he wouldn't have been able to complete those 'achievements'.

I don’t no mate you should see me go when I put me Lycra on, it’s a revaluation how a little round bloke can cut through the air  ????

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I totally get that....for me sport was always about competing but i know thats not for everyone....with the right attitude personal achievement and a yearning for progress can make yourself the toughest opponent you will ever face.....good luck to the lad i admire that type of commitment.

But no i still dont get the whole social media thing it seems like a movement based on telling the world how special you believe you are...but its ok im just old fashioned ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Why is it not an issue.....it enhances performance no ?

Any and every innovation in sport is a performance enhancer.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Why is it not an issue.....it enhances performance no ?

Any and every innovation in sport is a performance enhancer.

Lol ok, what I'm saying is, he still would've done that rope climb in cotton shorts or lycra