Kennel disinfectants

Used virkon for ages for the kennel/s poultry housing/canarys an british finches cages but no longer keeping any of the above just need disinfectant for kennels now what’s decent stuff on the market that people have found decent stuff? What’s these scented disinfectants like? 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found that bubblegum/scented stuff OK for the house.... Shite in the runs... Jeyes or blacks battle oil for me?

Cant go wrong with Jay's fluid

Pure bleach i use , since pup got sick last year vet recommend it as it kills parvovirus and likes I leave it abit then wash down with water as can make the dogs sneeze. I get 1 litre in Aldi for abou

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, poxon said:

Used virkon for ages for the kennel/s poultry housing/canarys an british finches cages but no longer keeping any of the above just need disinfectant for kennels now what’s decent stuff on the market that people have found decent stuff? What’s these scented disinfectants like? 

Used use that on all the pheasant rearing stuff

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Say again said:

I get this off a bloke I get my meat from. £7.50 for 5ltr. Can't fault it really. He does a 5ltr kennel cleaner for £6 but I don't think it as good

IMG_20200414_113059~2.jpg

That's the stuff I get and a good price?

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Mine keep fairly clean kennels, I tend to use virkon s sachets but wouldn't be efficient to do it weekly . Mostly to kill bugs/virus' ....

Those sachets are expensive I Used to buy tubs works out cheaper in the long run I used to get good deals on a 1kg tubs from bird shows when I was showing but used all my stock pile up nearly I’m down to half a tub an would like to change what I’m using

• Like 1

Jeyes fluid and zaflora for me most of the time. Scrub it with jeyes fluid first the rinse it down with a bit of zaflora as the mrs hates the smell of jeyes but I actually quite like it but I also don’t think it’s as strong as it used to be. My dogs rarely shit in there kennel so just wash it down probably twice a week maybe every other day during the summer. I end up going a bit over the top with the zaflora though using half a bottle a time and at 3 quid a bottle it becomes an expensive hose down. Mate gets me some cherry deodoriser sometimes aswel which is good. Can smell it when I come out the next day Atb Igz

• Like 2