What's happening in your garden.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ours is just starting to come to life  I've not done a great amount so far just a little tidying up 

The back gardens been a bit of a hole since the kids had rabbits and stuff been nice to finally get it sorted, doing it cottage garden style wild flowers and herbs etc with some fruit and veg her

This is my patch, been working from home for the last few weeks so the place is looking as nice as it ever has !

Posted Images

These endangered almost extinct hedgehogs are eating me out of house and home, not sure how many I have in total as I feed them in several places and some run from one bowl to another but recon minimum 3 maybe 5 different ones at the moment and still have not seen any little ones , interestingly they seem to roam 3/4 gardens and none of my neighbours even no they are there,so are they as endangered as they say or do we just not spend enough time out side poking about anymore ????? 

2958DE22-56E4-4ED9-84C5-1B348DB44638.jpeg

CFDE6E74-6F17-439E-90AC-8DBE9E6C326F.jpeg

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

These endangered almost extinct hedgehogs are eating me out of house and home, not sure how many I have in total as I feed them in several places and some run from one bowl to another but recon minimum 3 maybe 5 different ones at the moment and still have not seen any little ones , interestingly they seem to roam 3/4 gardens and none of my neighbours even no they are there,so are they as endangered as they say or do we just not spend enough time out side poking about anymore ????? 

Definitely a shortage near me last one I seen was 8 years ago , not even seen any roadkill ones 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Chid said:

Definitely a shortage near me last one I seen was 8 years ago , not even seen any roadkill ones 

I would be saying exactly the same thing mate if I never had cctv cameras running in my garden 24/7 , but as soon as I spot one on the cameras I start putting a bowl of cat biscuits out each night and the numbers just get more and more, haven’t seen any other sign apart from the odd tiny turd they leave behind, but like you can’t remember the last roadkill I saw, ?

57 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No too many badgers and wanker motorists, I'm seeing at least one dead one most nights.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Haven't seen one here in over 20 years, easily, what could wipe them out I wonder

Atb j 

11 minutes ago, jetro said:

Haven't seen one here in over 20 years, easily, what could wipe them out I wonder

Atb j 

Badgers and cars as dytkos has said mate, I made a bit of noise last year about the arsewipe Brian May running a campaign to save badgers then started a campaign to save hedgehogs, the irony of trying to save the cause of the problem and the victim by the same man just shows how far removed from reality these guardians of our countryside really are ✌️✌️

• Like 4

Here you go just been out for a look around and the only sign left behind by them is this, they have a very small discreet run through the hedge and can squeeze through gaps that they look much to big for a gate in my neighbours garden they pass under has no more than 3” gap under it 

BE9E7489-07C5-4A3C-90D0-81071D01C17F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Here you go just been out for a look around and the only sign left behind by them is this, they have a very small discreet run through the hedge and can squeeze through gaps that they look much to big for a gate in my neighbours garden they pass under has no more than 3” gap under it 

BE9E7489-07C5-4A3C-90D0-81071D01C17F.jpeg

Got them at mine mate, I do actively encourage them though. A wild area for them the slow worms and the birds. Squirrels are not welcome though been thinning them down.

IMG_2252.jpeg.38c85a71d7fbed3dd0bbd0139ffc7f37.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg.25f17cb435cc08ffb04362f5815fbcbc.jpeg

Left over ferret food go's under the ferret hutch and the come every night.

IMG_2253.jpeg.0fa707460b5d07e19d8e73693aa6c5c3.jpeg

Nice little run under the ferns behind the ferret hutch.

IMG_2254.jpeg.ea63f01cb7e3c5cb55a9cdcebed25fda.jpeg

Another run parallel to my front steps. Don't know if you can make that out.

IMG_2258.jpeg.3eafaf3be90325f8d3728ee6ce97b787.jpeg

Little droppings every were, some very small ones, been trying to catch sight of some young ones.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4