What's happening in your garden.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ours is just starting to come to life  I've not done a great amount so far just a little tidying up 

The back gardens been a bit of a hole since the kids had rabbits and stuff been nice to finally get it sorted, doing it cottage garden style wild flowers and herbs etc with some fruit and veg her

This is my patch, been working from home for the last few weeks so the place is looking as nice as it ever has !

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Not sure about the top pic but I’ll stick it in app an find out an mate them Passion flowers are much more delicate an lovely than my shitty iPhone pics tell, proper nice flowers you don’t see everyday but my mum in law can grow anything am I mean anything. Il get some pics of her fruit garden next time I’m up, apples, limes lemons an pears an all sorts mate, it’s some gardens she got but took years to get there ?

Have a few of the passion flowers here. One only flowered once, don't know why, personally I think to much rain. 

Good luck with your plants.  It gets additive lol

Atb j 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

This is what app says but wife says they succulents or summat as her mum has made her a wee bowl, they like really bare soil an lots gravel and stuff I think ?543306CF-6DBC-43A1-892C-8F089AC3AA3A.png.012bd6523df534a23fc743d626bfc946.png

Thanks for that. They sound ideal for what I want to plant on rockery. 

as you can see from the pic, that's as far as my passion flower gets now.

maybe not enough sun.

Atb j20200808_183600.jpg.0984e79f3ce756618e2365c705934524.jpg

46 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Looking forward to seeing this roof, Dytkos. What's it made of, under there?

See you have your little helper :D

It's slate, repaired it about 10 years back but the ivy etc has got through and the old battens have rotted so it's a complete re roof coming up week after next ?

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200808_184257.jpg

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

This is what app says but wife says they succulents or summat as her mum has made her a wee bowl, they like really bare soil an lots gravel and stuff I think ?543306CF-6DBC-43A1-892C-8F089AC3AA3A.png.012bd6523df534a23fc743d626bfc946.png

There sempervivums or house leeks is there common name 

There an alpine plant / succulent

Your missus is right they like really well drained soil 50/50 mix of compost and grit is ideal 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

They look lovely WK

What are the flowers in the top pic called

Atb j 

Sempervivums or house leeks 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Chid said:

Sempervivums or house leeks 

Yep. I was working my way through this, waiting to see if anyone had spotted them. I'd actually remembered then as " Roof Leeks ". Tend to grow on roofs, in certain parts of UK, don't they?

Not sure if it's the minerals of the tiles. Or the geophysical location?

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

It's slate, repaired it about 10 years back but the ivy etc has got through and the old battens have rotted so it's a complete re roof coming up week after next ?

Ten Fukking Years?!? Have you never considered that Something may have been out of place there? Aren't those Genuine slate roofs mean't to outlast the b*****d that puts them on?

Just asking. No implying. I know I've put a new tin roof on a century old shed. Fukking shed fell down since! ?

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Ten Fukking Years?!? Have you never considered that Something may have been out of place there? Aren't those Genuine slate roofs mean't to outlast the b*****d that puts them on?

Just asking. No implying. I know I've put a new tin roof on a century old shed. Fukking shed fell down since! ?

It was our holiday cottage then, we live there now so It's worth doing it right. Like I said it was a repair. ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dytkos said:

Got a few days off before the Fishing Comp, done the decking, now got to reclaim my brick/stone shed that's down there, needs reroofing for a start ?

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200806_115529.jpg

Them bitumen corrugated roofing sheets are really good mate.and only about £12 a piece..

Ah I just seen the latest pic and can see slates on there.they are your best bet I think..

• Like 1