What's happening in your garden.

11 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I'd have the crab and lobster pots out 24/7 ? love shellfish, never get bored of it.... in fact, I'm gonna cook me some scallops and razor clams right now ?

Razor clams a lovely if cooked right, flash fry, or slow cook in a nice stew like cowder. 

That bay in the pick, is pack it pots, and a mile over from that scallops beds. Straight out razor fish.

We don't appreciate what we have on our door step

Atb j 

• Like 1

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ours is just starting to come to life  I've not done a great amount so far just a little tidying up 

The back gardens been a bit of a hole since the kids had rabbits and stuff been nice to finally get it sorted, doing it cottage garden style wild flowers and herbs etc with some fruit and veg her

This is my patch, been working from home for the last few weeks so the place is looking as nice as it ever has !

Posted Images

Anyways back to the thread... don't have a garden here, so I've helped myself to a small part of the communal roof terrace. Planted tomatoes, thai and habanero chiles, French and scarlet beans, watermelon, Chinese cabbage, peppers and coriander. Everything is growing beautifully. Tomatoes are well in fruit and everything else seems to be going ok... peppers don't seem to be doing too well though.

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Razor clams a lovely if cooked right, flash fry, or slow cook in a nice stew like cowder. 

That bay in the pick, is pack it pots, and a mile over from that scallops beds. Straight out razor fish.

We don't appreciate what we have on our door step

Atb j 

I would be on those scallop beds daily lol eat them as soon as the land on the beach. Couple of weeks ago I went camping up the coast with a load of mates. Sat partying on the beach and I wanders off for a chat with the beach casters. Basically I went over to bollock them for feeding the dog fish (turns out they didn't, he stole it ?‍♂️?) ended up leaving with a fresh caught sea bream, straight onto the barbie lol Everyone was fuucked up and there's me shroomin and cooking fresh fish ?

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I would be on those scallop beds daily lol eat them as soon as the land on the beach. Couple of weeks ago I went camping up the coast with a load of mates. Sat partying on the beach and I wanders off for a chat with the beach casters. Basically I went over to bollock them for feeding the dog fish (turns out they didn't, he stole it ?‍♂️?) ended up leaving with a fresh caught sea bream, straight onto the barbie lol Everyone was fuucked up and there's me shroomin and cooking fresh fish ?

We have the toxic Waring here since last week, no shellfish to be eating out of the bay, algae bloom, but it will clear  again soon.

Atb j 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, sid g said:

what colour did you say  you were painting the back wall  mate 

I'm not mate, there's gonna be a fence panel going up to blank it out ⛺⛺⛺?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Tomatoes and purple sprouting broccoli coming on just fine

7758F140-1AC4-4EE4-84FA-10B0EBBCB4EF.jpeg

My first pick of the purple sprouting broccoli and my only cauliflower upto yet IMG_20200630_192525.jpg.9397c1ee15d09916c42379cd297d855f.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

New(ish) kennels (3 months) & new shed (last week) ?

IMG-20200702-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200702-WA0006.jpg

Neat and tidy set up Bosun,very nice and whats the horse brass?.just asking as i can't see it clearly that's all and i like a nice horse brass:good:

10 hours ago, fireman said:

Neat and tidy set up Bosun,very nice and whats the horse brass?.just asking as i can't see it clearly that's all and i like a nice horse brass:good:

Got one on each Fireman, the John Peel one has been on all my kennels for over 30 years but its not an old one.

I've had the stag and hunting horns for a few years now. I think its much older.

20200706_101121.jpg

20200706_101105.jpg